A more credible Clio 4 pic

As I said before, I have actually seen this in the flesh, back last year at pine woods studio where me and 9 other did some Market research for renault, ugly ain't the word, first things u notice first in the flesh is, how low and how long it is

that links in with an autocar article about the clio 4 description and only being a 5 door...

Looks ok but that front end has enough room from those silly Twingo RS spotligts to be added :O

No 3 door...thats a bit rubbish, cars certainly are getting bigger.

i think a 5dr will kill it for many.....

the new focus st is going 5dr only

the "hot-hatch" - a small 3dr with a powerful engine is getting diluted again - they will all be 5dr family cars with the boost pressure turned up and a couple of styling tweeks.....

looks like i will be taking RB1 to my grave at this rate

(new fiesta st looks good and IS a 3dr)

Could be they are separating the sports models from the normal line, a few Japanese manufacturers have now done this. So the next generation of RS cars will no longer be based on the standard range and seeing Renault do have a separate sports division anyway they could then produce dedicated sports models, which would be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Clio RS is totally different than the standard model because this is horrible...:worried:

i think a 5dr will kill it for many.....

the new focus st is going 5dr only

the "hot-hatch" - a small 3dr with a powerful engine is getting diluted again - they will all be 5dr family cars with the boost pressure turned up and a couple of styling tweeks.....

looks like i will be taking RB1 to my grave at this rate

(new fiesta st looks good and IS a 3dr)

Just looked at the new Fiesta ST in evo and it does look rather nice

Correct me if I am wrong, but the RS version is normally 6-12 months after the boggo version anyway?! I am surprised they have already designed it and nothing has been leaked!

If it is 5 door for me, I won't be buying one - 197 FTW :wink:

NO 3 door clio IV

What a F*@&ing joke that is. What were they thinking when they were sat round the table with ther onion sandwiches and wine..and thought. '18-40 year olds (& Roy & anybody else on here) dont like 3 doors, they want 5'

Absolutely ridiculous. Fair enough build both, just on the off chance somebody wants a 5 door hatch to throw around a track. But only a 5 door. WTF.

I can see our 200's and 197's holding there value more now.

Am i been stupid in getting wound up about this or do others feel the same??

EDIT: AND THE BIGGER 'FAMILY' CAR/COUPE, THE MEGANE RS, IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN 3 DOOR.

I wouldnt get in a twist about it but I along with the majority of people over on the Renault forum have specifically stated that our next car won't be one of the new Clios just because if it.

Sad really but must be an economically/market driven reason, lets face it 200s are still rare as rocking horse doo doo out on the road so they must just not be selling enough to warrant a 3 door hot hatch. In the year+ I've owned mine besides when meeting other people with the same car I've seen a hand full maybe. They'll probably concentrate on the Megane as their hot hatch platform.

What a F*@&ing joke that is. What were they thinking when they were sat round the table with ther onion sandwiches and wine..and thought. '18-40 year olds (& Roy & anybody else on here) dont like 3 doors, they want 5'

Absolutely ridiculous. Fair enough build both, just on the off chance somebody wants a 5 door hatch to throw around a track. But only a 5 door. WTF.

I can see our 200's and 197's holding there value more now.

Am i been stupid in getting wound up about this or do others feel the same??

EDIT: AND THE BIGGER 'FAMILY' CAR/COUPE, THE MEGANE RS, IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN 3 DOOR.

agree its a joke - all the other competitors have 3dr and 5 dr

the new yaris is 5dr and later a 3dr is coming £500 more

renualt = lost the plot :thumbdown:

agree its a joke - all the other competitors have 3dr and 5 dr

the new yaris is 5dr and later a 3dr is coming £500 more

renualt = lost the plot :thumbdown:

How does it cost more to leave out locking mechanisms, window openers, locks, DOORS? Wouldn't surprise me if renault said it cost too much to manufacture 3 doors.

I've just been having a rant to my dad, and he agrees, even after his ride from hell in the lakes that time lol. We were tryng to think of 5 door hot hatches and could only think of the seat leon but even that is in the megane class.
Also, They brought out a 5 door megane 225?? iirc and that obv didnt sell well otherwise they would have made the new megane 250 5 door.

Open your own garage/detailing shop Si, I dont wanna take the clio to Renault anymore for servicing or anything.

I don't see the problem with the overall length of it. And I'm sure the rs will be much nicer, but only if they make a 3dr. I wouldnt even consider a 5. If the 197 was five door i wouldn't be here right now that's for sure...

Well from reading over on the RS forum it looks like its the end of the N/A as well, going down the small turbo route.

Jeremy RUK wrote:
It's going to be a smaller capacity turbo-charged engine

Not sure what to think, with every new Clio its got bigger and heavy so I'm not totally shocked by this just disappointed :001_rolleyes:

They are going kill off allot of their fan base.

RIP RS CLIO.

Well from reading over on the RS forum it looks like its the end of the N/A as well, going down the small turbo route.

Not sure what to think, with every new Clio its got bigger and heavy so I'm not totally shocked by this just disappointed :001_rolleyes:

They are going kill off allot of their fan base.

RIP RS CLIO.

must admit i am thinking the same...

As I said over on the RS forum;

The hottest usual suspects from Citroen, Mini, Vauxhall and so on aren't available in 5 door guise at all - only the polo gti (dreadful in 5dr, not much better in 3, and even then there's the absurd price) and motors from the next category up like the megane, impreza, focus, golf.

By going with a 5dr only option Renault are either identifying a niche in the hot hatch market or are making a big mistake.

I'm doubtful and I guess only time will tell.

They need to pull a blinder with the design of it I feel or we'll end up with a dog's dinner like the current polo.