A little review

That’s exactly it. My first track day (Bedford obvs) happened to have the shittiest weather but the car is incredible in the wet. Even with my inexperience I still managed to counter a couple of slippery moments and kept the car on the track. I think you’ll find a new found respect for the car, as long as you don’t turn off the ESP [emoji14]

Not going to lie I love the car in race mode. But yeah probably not when it’s wet lol!!!

The Mk4 is about 4cm longer and is actually narrower than the Mk3! Still, you got yourself a good one, so all is forgiven :tongueout:

Yeah there wasn't loads in it.
In fairness the 200 mk3 is surprisingly wide over the wing mirrors.
I struggle to get it in the garage comfortably.
Its only been in once as I was going out in the Porsche overnight, so put the Clio away.

Tighter than the Type R I had earlier in the year (but I could fold in the electric mirrors on that) and tighter than the Porsche.

Great write up Pav, I enjoyed reading that. It just goes to show that for all the flak that the mk4 got on release, when you listen to owners and their passengers, they really are capable and desirable cars.

I love my passenger rides in @Chris 's, the sound, the performance, handling - everything - is great. And I agree Chris, I think you'd love it on track! Although I'm not pushing the point too much, because I know I'm reluctant to do it too :smile:

Great write up Pav, I enjoyed reading that. It just goes to show that for all the flak that the mk4 got on release, when you listen to owners and their passengers, they really are capable and desirable cars.

I love my passenger rides in @Chris 's, the sound, the performance, handling - everything - is great. And I agree Chris, I think you'd love it on track! Although I'm not pushing the point too much, because I know I'm reluctant to do it too :smile:

Yes that would be slightly pot kettleish :wink:

I think we need a Clio197 exclusive day somewhere next year, I get the feeling it might make a few people a little more comfortable taking the car out if it's around a load of people you can trust a bit more from average Joe!!

I think we need a Clio197 exclusive day somewhere next year, I get the feeling it might make a few people a little more comfortable taking the car out if it's around a load of people you can trust a bit more from average Joe!!

Looked into doing this before, renting a track for a session or half day or something. Its quite the costly affair but can be done if you get enough people...

But ofc there is always CSF which is at a track and is exclusive.

Reactions: Big Ben and Micah
Looked into doing this before, renting a track for a session or half day or something. Its quite the costly affair but can be done if you get enough people...

But ofc there is always CSF which is at a track and is exclusive.
I am going to rip those b*****d 1*2’s apart next year at CSF. Can not wait!!