A Few Questions.

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a fair bit of reading regarding the Meg swap, I've aquired myself an R26 engine & Box with Ecu & other modules,
Coolant hoses,
Intake hose & Ram Air filter
Megane Radiator & Fan
Megane Loom
Driveshafts
Gearlinkage
Probably some other bits I have forgotten.

Anyway my questions:

Can you recommend me somewhere to get a thermal sheet for the firewall/fuel rails from?

Intercooler, I plan to keep aircon so will be using the Clio rad pack, I have been looking at the Mishimoto J line universal cooler and then matching up the pipework. Is this a sufficient cooler?

Expansion tank, If I am keeping the Clio rad, can I keep the Clio expansion bottle and just relocate it behind the battery as I've seen on other builds?

Downpipe, Is Milltek the only one I can use? I have a link pipe already so that bit isn't an issue.

Gearbox mount, I have the lower half of the Megane one which is attached to the box, can i use the clio top half (the bit under the battery tray) or does that have to be a Megane part also?

I will also be looking for someone to make the loom/Imobiliser swap for me in due course as I understand I need to send both the Clio & Megane looms off? However I am still using the car in N/A form until I have collected all my bits.

Thanks.

Can you recommend me somewhere to get a thermal sheet for the firewall/fuel rails from? - I used nimbus sheet from Tweeks

Intercooler, I plan to keep aircon so will be using the Clio rad pack, I have been looking at the Mishimoto J line universal cooler and then matching up the pipework. Is this a sufficient cooler? - used an ebay special with a copy of the forge hardpipe kit and a couple of silicon joiners.

Expansion tank, If I am keeping the Clio rad, can I keep the Clio expansion bottle and just relocate it behind the battery as I've seen on other builds? You could do that but I used a dacia sandero one that fits nicely to the left of the top engine mount against the wing

Downpipe, Is Milltek the only one I can use? I have a link pipe already so that bit isn't an issue. - Pure Motorsport do a conversion exhaust, before that I used a ebay downpipe, fit fine with no issues.

Gearbox mount, I have the lower half of the Megane one which is attached to the box, can i use the clio top half (the bit under the battery tray) or does that have to be a Megane part also? I used Megane lower with Clio upper

I will also be looking for someone to make the loom/Imobiliser swap for me in due course as I understand I need to send both the Clio & Megane looms off? However I am still using the car in N/A form until I have collected all my bits. - I can do the wiring for you if needed.

Any questions give me a shout, I've also got a build thread over on cliosport if that helps....

I have the same hard pipe kit and intercooler as Matt,

Don't think you can mount the header tank on rh inner wing due to the aircon pipes. I haven't worked this out as yet.
But will probably do as Pav has done to start with, std tank behind battery, possibly a smaller battery.

Go 3" downpipe if possible. You need 3" to the rear boxes, 2.5" is still good for around 280bhp.

Reactions: ToiletDuck and Pav
plenty of heat protection on ebay..i got all my from there..not even that expensive

depends on how much you want to spend on an intercooler..i was told that bigger you go the better cooling but more turbo lag at the same time..if you can go forge or airtec..they are expensive but they get the job done perfectly..

lots of options for an expansion tank..as above,if you want to keep your A/C then you will need to think of another spot for it..maybe a smaller battery..

i'd go for Miltek down pipe..cant go wrong..not that expensive either..

I used Megane lower with Clio upper as above..

hope it helps

Last edited:
Reactions: ToiletDuck
Don't think you can mount the header tank on rh inner wing due to the aircon pipes. I haven't worked this out as yet.
But will probably do as Pav has done to start with, std tank behind battery, possibly a smaller battery.

Good point re the aircon pipes. I ditched mine and forgot the pipes ran where my header tank is.

Before that I had a Clio 172 header behind the battery location on a bracket I fettled up

Reactions: ToiletDuck

Similar Thread Suggestions