A few photos of my 197

Just put up a 'I'm New' thread, but thought I'd post (read spam) some pictures in here.
Bit of a self-professed cleaning addict so be prepared for lots of pictures over time.
Start off with a dirty one - in the pit garage an Donington
lzBICAL.jpg
Couple of cleaning/waxing shots...
yGJX8ku.jpg
0oN5WjN.jpg
Which leads to nice reflections and beading!
UODCp1p.jpg
cWU5675.jpg
C2JzTvJ.jpg
qANvobb.jpg

I do drive it from time to time I swear! It doesn't just sit on the drive!

Nice pics Carlos, welcome to the forum ...again ! ..... and nice to see another 'clean freak'. Epic beading in the last shot.

Dont forget to post on any tips of the trade in the detailing section :smile:

What's the purple stuff on your alloys you used to clean them? Whatever it is, is it any good?

I'm clueless when it comes to cleaning but I'd like to get some knowledge, mind giving me a brief summary of one of your standard washes? (and possibly recommend some products?) :smiley:

What's the purple stuff on your alloys you used to clean them? Whatever it is, is it any good?

I'm clueless when it comes to cleaning but I'd like to get some knowledge, mind giving me a brief summary of one of your standard washes? (and possibly recommend some products?) :smiley:

Purple Rain / Iron-out / Iron-X etc

Designed to bleed out and dissolve all brake dust. metallic particles etc.

Only pain with it is - to get the best effect you need to use on clean wheels, Which means they need a thorough clean first. Then apply this. Then wash again, rinse and dry.

Good stuff though......

To echo what sevenfourate said any one of those does the trick. I'm trying out Devils Blood at the moment.
Great in summer when it's mainly brake dust, but winter when it's mud/road grime etc works best with a quick clean first. Don't get me wrong, still works without.

A normal wash would be a rinse, snowfoam if it's particularly dirty, wheels to start - especially if using any harsh wheel cleaners and you don't want any sitting on the paint too long, two bucket (NO SPONGES) wash with Megs Ultimate Wash/Wax, dry with a microfibre and finished with a top up of Mer Rainaway/Rain-X or something similar on the glass. Will then keep it topped up wax wise with Waxaddict FoSho spray wax if I think it needs it. Got a hard wax on for winter so just really to keep the finish looking nice. Good thing with FoSho is that you can use it wet or dry.

Sounds like a lot of work but doesn't take all that long tbh.

looks awesome cleaned love a really clean silver/nimbus car
Cheers man, just need to try and keep in clean during winter!

Reactions: Dystant and Jimmy
A normal wash would be a rinse, snowfoam if it's particularly dirty, wheels to start - especially if using any harsh wheel cleaners and you don't want any sitting on the paint too long, two bucket (NO SPONGES) wash with Megs Ultimate Wash/Wax, dry with a microfibre and finished with a top up of Mer Rainaway/Rain-X or something similar on the glass. Will then keep it topped up wax wise with Waxaddict FoSho spray wax if I think it needs it. Got a hard wax on for winter so just really to keep the finish looking nice. Good thing with FoSho is that you can use it wet or dry.

When you say no sponges I'm assuming you mean use a wash mitt instead?

How often do you tend to fully wax? Once for summer and once for winter?

Might get myself some of that Waxaddict FoSho spray wax, just had a quick google and it looks pretty decent! Thanks for the info :smile:

When you say no sponges I'm assuming you mean use a wash mitt instead?

How often do you tend to fully wax? Once for summer and once for winter?

Might get myself some of that Waxaddict FoSho spray wax, just had a quick google and it looks pretty decent! Thanks for the info :smile:

Yeah, sponges are the devil. Microfibre or lambs wool wash mitt is your best bet.

In terms of wax, really depends. In summer I'll tend to use a slightly softer wax, doesn't last as long, but doesn't take the punishment like it would in winter. I'd say maybe once every month/two months, honestly doesn't take as much time as you'd think, especially when using decent products.

Come do mine. Lazy cow. It's filthy

Keep me supplied with bacon/tea/biscuits and we've got a deal ha.

Reactions: Dystant
Deal but you're a way away haha. How long before you go through the whole process again? This drizzly salty weather is a mare. Telling self no point :smile:

Deal but you're a way away haha. How long before you go through the whole process again? This drizzly salty weather is a mare. Telling self no point :smile:

Whole process from the start is a different question, one it's been done it's a lot easier to keep on top of.
A 'proper' job for me would be;
Wash
Iron-x/fallout remover
Tar remover
Clay
Machine Polish
Wax
Will probably give it a thorough clean come Feb time, but for now it's got plenty of wax to keep me just about happy.

You suggest rinse then snowfoam? The whole point of snowfoaming is to let the foam soften the dirt and draw it away from the paintwork. If you're pressure washing a dirty car before foaming you are risking marring the paintwork. Always foam first then rinse. I always use ph neutral shampoo. Put a decent wax on your wheels (I use Swissvax Autobahn which contains PTFE) and no need to use stronger cleaners. I normally use Dragons Breath every 6 months and shampoo every other time to maintain my wheels.

You suggest rinse then snowfoam? The whole point of snowfoaming is to let the foam soften the dirt and draw it away from the paintwork. If you're pressure washing a dirty car before foaming you are risking marring the paintwork. Always foam first then rinse. I always use ph neutral shampoo. Put a decent wax on your wheels (I use Swissvax Autobahn which contains PTFE) and no need to use stronger cleaners. I normally use Dragons Breath every 6 months and shampoo every other time to maintain my wheels.

Don't rinse with a pressure washer first, just with the hose. In my head makes it more gentle on the paintwork, probably makes no difference tbh.

Yeah I don't use Devils Blood every time I clean, just if they're proper bogging or stained.

At the minute haven't got a wax that I really like for my wheels. Just using Autoglym wheel sealant for the now.

Reactions: LOCKE