A Belated Hi!

Hi there to all, as per the title... Owned my 197 since mid December and been on here for about a month and a half now but not very active on the posting side but I thought I'd introduce myself and my Clio.

I sold my beloved MKIV Golf that I'd showered with total TLC (and cash) and had always fancied a 197. Totally different from what I was used to. The Golf was a V6 4Motion with loads of grunt & grip... So much grip that you could really take the Mickey. The golf was complete with R32 bumpers, exhaust, H&R springs, BMC CDA, 3SDM 0.01 rims and a stage one remap. But after 3 years I got itchy feet.

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

Then came the 197. The 1st thing I noticed was that getting it off the line in the wet was something that I took for granted in the Golf, and there was a lack of torque, well at least low down anyway. The Golf didn't really need to rev beyond 5 to 5 and a half K; however I don't miss the 18 MPG. But the Clio felt like a go cart, very light by comparison. Took a while to get used to the rev range and the militant gearbox when cold.

The 197 came from one careful lady owner, full Renault history and untouched in terms of modifications which is always a good base to start from.

So so far I have added the following

H&R Springs
Projectors
Renualt Sport exhaust tips
20mm spacers
Renault Sport Splitter
Refurbed Alloys with RS centre caps
ITG panel filter
Renault Sport steering wheel insert
Zunsport grille set
Black badges

Next

New exhaust
Remap
Sprint Spoiler
Bullets and painted black

C553E5FE-D0A1-4685-9B0C-94548E1364EA.jpg

D9A8A5B1-DA86-4A70-97C1-102C8B9AB4AC.jpg

46A2F371-044D-4605-A5D3-072C07C232EC.jpg

8CCFA1BD-6AEC-4C6C-B4C0-4595C30E7582.jpg

7E231E65-A271-4AEE-AA86-91C3AD213B52.jpg

C994F2BF-A113-4110-9905-A95FCBD8CFAC.jpg

B23FE998-174C-42BD-9BAB-C39439F65ACD.jpg

In summary I'm smitten... A real driver's car, it's lively and you feel everything. A lot of 'bang for my buck!'

Last edited:
Hi mate, sorry to be a pain in the ass but, is the Zunsport grille set the gloss black one. Been waiting since October, for one to show up on here.Any chance you could post a better picture of the same. Ta in advance !

Welcome. I love the zunsport grille set. I have been looking on ebay for the black one. Can I ask where you got yours from.

Welcome. I love the zunsport grille set. I have been looking on ebay for the black one. Can I ask where you got yours from.

I got mine straight from Zunsport, it was about £135 delivered. I think trying to find second hand in gloss black will be like looking for rocking horse dung... It makes things a lot easier to fit the lower grille if you have the bumper off.

Ive had the bottom front grille off without removing the front bumper, for the time it takes too get it out and back in, you could remove the bumper and have time to spare. I wouldn't even bother trying to get it out without taking the bumper off.

Cheers mate. Looks great, now seen on your car, is just what i want. On a white car will look even better. :thumbup: With an added twist.

Impreza to 197. Considering taking the same route, but struggling coming to terms with getting rid of the Impreza. Thoughts???

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions