95 Octane vs 97/98 Octane?

I was saying there is few hp difference in 95 and 100 octane fuel in Clio 197 200 and it has benn proven many times and from personal experince.

I was saying there is few hp difference in 95 and 100 octane fuel in Clio 197 200 and it has benn proven many times and from personal experience.

Without labouring the point, there is only a horsepower difference with higher octane fuel when remapped to it specifically. With no remap it is simply a placebo effect.

Clio 197/200 is factory remapped to higher octane fuel (99 octane) so if you put 95 octane you will have less hp for sure.

Clio 197/200 is factory remapped to higher octane fuel (99 octane) so if you put 95 octane you will have less hp for sure.

No it isn't, it is mapped to 95RON, nearly all road cars are, as they have to make the car useable to the lowest fuel available, as you cannot map to only 99RON for a day-to-day road car, otherwise the car will be useless if you cannot find correct fuel (on the petrol cap it even says 95RON).

Reactions: Sean197
Nope, on petrol cap says 95/98 but this is lowest fuel you need to put in it, recommended is 99 octane and it is factory remapped to 99 octane.

They are not mapped to 99RON from factory.
Anyway, the phrase 'pissing in the wind' is prominent in my mind here. If it 'feels' faster to you, then good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: suj
Don't want to argue, but I have remapped it on 100 octane fuel and I know Clio produce less power on 95 octane on dyno so this has been proven.If you think it is mapped for 95 octane fuel ok, I know it isn't.

Nope, on petrol cap says 95/98 but this is lowest fuel you need to put in it, recommended is 99 octane and it is factory remapped to 99 octane.

Exactly, LOWEST, I work at JLR, we have to map cars to many different countries, different fuel qualities etc.
Like been said, you will not get more power from running 99RON, you might get retarding of timing for running a poorer fuel quality, but you won't gain power.

Also you just stated you mapped your car to 100RON, of course you will then lose power by running a poorer quality fuel lol.
The talk in this thread is about a STANDARD car, where there is no extra power :wink:

I have a Tesco about 1.2 miles away from my house so that is my choice. A mate also uses his 400+ HP RX7 on Tesco Momentum so its good enough.

I do still get kangarooing on occasions but I suspect this is a combo of issues, fuel sat around in tanks before purchase, dirty injectors, etc. I think its just a crap cold start map by Renault.

I have a Tesco about 1.2 miles away from my house so that is my choice. A mate also uses his 400+ HP RX7 on Tesco Momentum so its good enough.

I do still get kangarooing on occasions but I suspect this is a combo of issues, fuel sat around in tanks before purchase, dirty injectors, etc. I think its just a crap cold start map by Renault.

Yeah for turbo mapped cars it is a must, it stops self-ignition of the fuel aka knocking.
It is a crap cold start map by Renault, why most mappers state as a selling point "better cold start map".

Similar Thread Suggestions