+65bhp overnight increase

JB40k

Platinum Member
After almost 3 years of ownership and 27,000 miles, I finally traded in the Clio for her curvier sister; with living on the south coast and having family in the North West, the Cup setup started to take its toll on my wallet and spine!

The Clio has been an absolute blast and surprising Bimmers, watching them disappear in the rear-view mirror on the twisties was never going to get old, however with the once occasional 500 mile round trip becoming more regular it was time to find something a little more suited to 4 and a half hours of the M3/M40/M42/M6 (you get the idea!) each way.

Picked up the Megane 265 last weekend and wow, what a car! It was a former demo model for Lookers in Stockport and has the Cup pack, plus features like cruise control and built in Sat Nav etc (coming from the pure Cup 200, this is baller-level to me); no Recaros specced on this one, though the cloth seats are comfy enough.

I've not racked up enough miles yet for a real comparison, but first impressions can confirm that the 65 bhp increase is very noticeable! Motorway miles are a definite improvement over the Clio, the ride is much more comfortable, MPG is increased and everything feels much sturdier – The daily B road commute doesn't quite have the same edge it did in the Clio though; there’s something about the NA intake screaming out of corners and the linear delivery that the Megane lacks with being boosted.

My former Clio is currently with Lookers in Stockport if anybody knows anybody who might be interested; it’s the RB one ML62TXW. I’m looking forward to the new owner popping up on here, I'll still be knocking about here for a while yet, and the Meg forum is nowhere near as active!

Obligatory photo of the Meg:thumbup1::

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 339
Wow that's beautiful. Great upgrade!

Yeah I've noticed in the motorway the mpg difference having a turbo. Will make a big difference!

Stunning! We need more pictures.

I love how you wanted something more comfy and economical so instead of what all the boring people would do (Getting a 320d etc) you've gone for a megane 265 :smiley:

Very nice car! You will notice the +65 bhp so much more at higher speeds. I have just changed from a meg to a clio and as much as I like the clio the meg is a far better car in so many ways.

Lovely car! I miss my old 250 from time to time and got tempted by the facelift 265 but i'm still really enjoying the 200T - the Megane though is a beautiful cockpit to sit in (especially with Recaro's) and so so capable. I would heavily advise a remap :smile:

Enjoy!

what a beautiful car and such a nice colour

what are the figures with a remap as these get more tempting every day

Thanks for all of the positive comments!

The red is stunning, I was a bit conscience of a solid paint again after the Blue 200 at first, I always felt a bit shown up parked next to metallic finished cars in the summer. After a mini-detail to clean up some of the detailer inflicted swirls; a good polish with the DA and 3 layers of Wolfs Chemicals Hardbody later, it's come up really glassy with a real depth to the paint, the lines of the car work so well with the solid red! There are photos I promise, just finding the time to take them off the camera and upload to here ;-)

What are the figures with a remap as these get more tempting every day

Rumour has it a remap alone will see 300... I'd be tempted after a year or two of ownership first before remapping, use to as an opportunity to refresh the feeling of the car at a later date, it's tempting to push up to big figures mind!