64mm ported throttle body review

Well I fitted mine today expecting to go through the settling stages. Started it up first time, started as normal and revs settled on 800rpm as it always has done. Took for a spin and all seems fine. Might be placebo but seem a little perkier and willing to climb the revs.

Happy so far!

Reactions: MaxiDave
Cheers angel ill give him a shout you going FCS would be good to catch up and see progress on your motor I've been reading build thread looking good bud :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on this iv been umming n aaarring about it for a while, I'm told the original is fine up to 250 bhp and that it doesn't mater about the bore of the inlet unless its restricting the engine and the standard item has a good enough flow rate for a 250+bhp motor so in effect all it's doing is fully opening the butterfly with the pedal 3/4 pressed n the last quarter of pedal movement would be dead as the engine can't suck in more air no matter how big the hole is its sucking through, I'm still open minded on this mod tho

I'm still not sold on this iv been umming n aaarring about it for a while, I'm told the original is fine up to 250 bhp and that it doesn't mater about the bore of the inlet unless its restricting the engine and the standard item has a good enough flow rate for a 250+bhp motor so in effect all it's doing is fully opening the butterfly with the pedal 3/4 pressed n the last quarter of pedal movement would be dead as the engine can't suck in more air no matter how big the hole is its sucking through, I'm still open minded on this mod tho

this is exactly what I'm thinking. I spent some time on this topic with a scangauge and can only say that with the standard throttle body at 7000rpm at 3/4 open throttle there is near as makes no difference ambient air pressure in the manifold (reading from MAP sensor differs 0.01-0.02 bar from ambient pressure)

so effectively what you are doing with a larger butterfly is reducing usable throttle pedal movement. comparable with a "sprint booster" or another mapping of the e-throttle like other cars provide with "sport" buttons. feels faster, but effectively lowers your ability to precisely maneuver the car inside the Kamm circle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_forces)

Last edited:
like been said before, no mention it make the car more powerful, but it does make the car more ergent on acceleration, especially with the sprint booster on, with the booster it felt like it was ripping the floor up.

Someone please tell me what these sprint boosters are ? What they do and price fitment? Just had a good read on here seems a good mod.

Thanks

Just had a read about the sprint boosters, it's a device that plugs into the electronic throttle pedal and tells the ecu to open the throttle fully before the pedal is in the fully open position, you get the same affect by pressing the pedal fully down and it's £180 cheaper too, it even says on there website it makes the car "feel" faster but if you drive using high revs it wouldent make a difference, that's because you've opend the throttle all the way by your self

Yeah I supose you hit the nail on the head there, iv not done these mods but reading into it in theory that's what would happen, bet that's hard to control when your driving on the edge of grip, one touch of throttle and massive understeer, not good