6 months and I've sold it............

OK, so I REALLY wanted a RS Clio, since I bought my 1.2 Dynamique in 02. When the chance arose 6 months ago I jumped at it, and have enjoyed the car since.

BUT, a comment made by a friend has stuck with me all the time, "it's not fast enough for the fuel it uses" (he was talking about his 350Z). Mine has returned an average of 23mpg, only hitting high 20s on VERY long gentle runs.

I love the car, when I am driving it like I stole it. If I am hammering it down a decent B road then there is no car I have owned I would prefer, the way it absorbs insane bumps and shrugs them off is a testiment to the cars design. Thing is, I just don't get to do that often enough, and am left with something that hates motorways (nearly 4k at 70mph is too high) and fails to transport the dogs/my son/wife etc (well, the dogs are banned if I'm honest)

So, today it was part ex'd against my old favourites, the 4x4. Time to start green laneing again, camping in the Lakes on the more remote areas :wink: Sure, it ain't as quick, but I get to enjoy what they can do more than I can with a 197.

I would love a 197 as a weekend toy, but unfortunately it doesn't work for my lifestyle. Truly superb car, but in too limited an arena. I'll miss the overtaking ability, but not the trips to the pumps (yes the price of fuel of late doesn't help).

On a good note, the car, in 6 months and 3k, has cost me NOTHING (in terms of depreciation). I bought it for 9k, and I sold it for 9k, not bad if you ask me.

I'll still drop in from time to time, mainly to look at the POTM competitions, cheers for having me around..........

Hey Golgarth sorry to hear about this! But its all about needs in life and you need better fuel economy and maybe more space. So good luck to you!

Shame that i didn't get to meet you at Crail. But new's i almost blew my gearbox.. :worried:

oh no not more 4x4 to run me off the road on the twisty b roads !!

the 197 is thirsty because of the hogh revs it runs at - it aint no diesel

He is right about the fuel. Yes its a quick car, but it does the same sort of MPG as much bigger engined, much faster cars. Never mind, I still love it.

Anywho... good luck

i wish it didnt drink so much petrol 2 :-( but then i put my foot down and put it sidewise around a roundabout and i stop giving a sh*t :-D hav fun with the 4x4 golgarth :smile:

I'm starting to think along the same lines. I have a brilliant little car, but it's only brilliant when you're caning it along a twisty B-road, which makes it a little one dimensional. Driven in a normal fashion or on a motorway and the deafening exhaust drone that never seems to fade into the background starts to grate on the nerves. It's also too small for what I need now I have 2 dogs, not one.

I'm hoping to go 4X4 too, but fitted to a 2.0 turbo Insignia or Audi quattro!