3 Point Racing Harness with FF Recaro?

Rishi

Platinum Member
Isit possible to use a 3 point harness with a FF RS Recaro?

cheers :wink:

Last edited:
lol i knew it was 5 point, was just speaking to someone about it & he said i want 3 point, but i had the feeling he meant 5 point as 3 point is standard

you know what i mean :wink:

Lol, fair enough! yes they can be used, but I have seen commentary suggesting that they should only be used with fixed back seats as reclining seat backs can snap, or something like that.

I wouldn't use a harness in a car without a cage, regardless of what seat I was sat in.

But, yes you could make one fit to work around an FF seat. :smile:

Lol, fair enough! yes they can be used, but I have seen commentary suggesting that they should only be used with fixed back seats as reclining seat backs can snap, or something like that.

thats a good point actually, maybe i should just make do with the cg lock

Loads of people run 3 points with recaros on track, never had problems. I don't see how they could snap when the weight would be thrown forward of the seat in an impact.

I find sabelt and sparco harnesses are the best, OMP are a nightmare, can never get comfy in them and are difficult to adjust!

I went for the sabelt myself as wanted a quality harness, i might try & cover up the sabelt signs though as i just want em black