2yr/12k servicing

I was told by the dealership that my 2011 clio 200 is on a 2yr/12k miles service interval - i checked when i got it home with them and had them do a health check and they said it didnt need servicing

the car when i bought it had been serviced 5000 miles ago and i was told to wait until the dash said it needed doing basically or september 2014 if i didnt reach 24000 miles as it was done at 12000 miles in sept 2012.

i serviced the car myself when i got it home anyway for my own benefit, new oil and filter, cabin filter, air filter, gearbox oild and brake fluid all done

i intended on doing an interim service myself every few months/few thousand miles and let the dealers do it when renault suggest to keep the warranty legit.

the car is doing a trackday every few weeks so I'm keeping on top of the servicing anyway but i like to do things myself.

anyway... just got a letter form the same dealer saying it is due a service in september and to ring them to book up (the car will be 2 years old in september) - i was told it would be 2yr from its last service or 12k miles though, so it shouldnt be due.

i have oil and a filter for it anyway so would only have to pay for labour but dont know whether to let them do it, even though i only serviced it 1700 miles ago myself or argue that they told me i was on a 2 year servicing plan.

what do anyone else think?

personally i dont think its due a dealer service until 2yr/12k miles has passed since its first service was done.

i wonder if their system doesnt show its been serviced already or something

i will ring them just to see what the score is

it needs the window rubbers on the B pillar replaced, which they agreed to do on the warranty but they want the car for 2 hours (even though it takes me 5 minutes to change them) so told them they can do it when its in for a service.

I was told 1 year or 12K...? Wtf lol.

either way, I'm hammering the mileage so that always comes first before the year

2012 mine is, it's just been in for it's 2nd service. So I've never really taken any notice of the 1 or 2 year thing lol.

if its 2012 its definitely 2yr/12k miles

phoned the dealership today and they said they sent the letter in error and it isnt due for another 5000 miles yet

im going to carry on as im doing - a service myself every few thousand miles and a dealer service every 24m/12k miles to keep the service book right

Always serviced mine at least 12 months and 12k miles, never did find out what it was supposed to be. 24 months is too long for a car like these imo, given how they're used.

Mine probably had a decades worth of servicing in its 3 years.....

Think I may do mine every 12 months/12k, it's free on the 4+ deal anyway, assuming they don't make you wait the 24 months/12k?

Think I may do mine every 12 months/12k, it's free on the 4+ deal anyway, assuming they don't make you wait the 24 months/12k?

Pretty sure they'll only service it within the guidelines of the service manual. So it's only free within those guidelines.

Renault do make these cars, I am pretty sure they got their own servicing schedule correct, if they say 2 years or 12k then why dispute that unless you are doing trackdays in it.

Agreed. 2 years just seems a long time between services, I was just wondering if it was possible to do it sooner but it appears not.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Marques 8
pritchardR27 Clio General Chat 17