250 Spec...

just when i am rock bottom money/job wise does a red magene come up for sale in the spec required.....:innocent:

Your overall warranty wont be affected, Renault work on the basis if you swap the exhaust, your exhaust is no longer covered by warranty. They would struggle making a convincing argument your gearbox exploded because of an aftermarket exhaust for example :wink:

I have one fitted yes, I love it. You wouldnt know its aftermarket it just sounds how you would expect the car to sound OEM but with extra burble on lift off, and the ocasional pop when hot.

My topic is here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?633981-Unfamiliar-territory-250-content/page3

The exhausts arent covered for the 3 years anyway are they? Isnt it 1 year?

Im so torn atm argh. Slime, your spec is perfect, but ive got the 200, and i love the 200...i think, but im scared of taking the plunge to swap...more finance etc etc.

Your overall warranty wont be affected, Renault work on the basis if you swap the exhaust, your exhaust is no longer covered by warranty. They would struggle making a convincing argument your gearbox exploded because of an aftermarket exhaust for example :wink:

I have one fitted yes, I love it. You wouldnt know its aftermarket it just sounds how you would expect the car to sound OEM but with extra burble on lift off, and the ocasional pop when hot.

My topic is here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?633981-Unfamiliar-territory-250-content/page3

Top man.
I'll have a little look into the scorpion then. I'm just a tad weary with changing too much on the Meg with such a long warranty period left (and the issues that various other Renaults seem to have with gearboxs etc).

How long have you had your Meg? Have you had any issues? Sticking brakes RE Clio?

The exhausts arent covered for the 3 years anyway are they? Isnt it 1 year?

Im so torn atm argh. Slime, your spec is perfect, but ive got the 200, and i love the 200...i think, but im scared of taking the plunge to swap...more finance etc etc.

I was in the exact same position as you a few months back. Absolutely loved my 197, so many good memories with it on track, through Europe and the like. I'd basically paid it off as well so was dubious around weighing myself down with more debt.

I thought to myself, you only live once and the Meg is a fantastic upgrade. I haven't look back, although I'd own another 197/200 in a heartbeat if required.

Top man.
I'll have a little look into the scorpion then. I'm just a tad weary with changing too much on the Meg with such a long warranty period left (and the issues that various other Renaults seem to have with gearboxs etc).

How long have you had your Meg? Have you had any issues? Sticking brakes RE Clio?

Yeah you cant really go wrong. For £424 new with warranty its worth a try alone and if you decide its not for you im sure someone would snap your hand off for it as they are in demand.

Im the 2nd owner of the car its an 11' plate i picked up in Apr 2012. I dont know about the initial owner but i havent needed any warranty work or trips to Renault.

£424 is a steal for an exhaust system. And by the videos on YouTube....sounds so good!

Kev....stoppppp! Ive only just got the clio fixed lol

Yeah you cant really go wrong. For £424 new with warranty its worth a try alone and if you decide its not for you im sure someone would snap your hand off for it as they are in demand.

Im the 2nd owner of the car its an 11' plate i picked up in Apr 2012. I dont know about the initial owner but i havent needed any warranty work or trips to Renault.

One of my best mates has a Scorpion system on his Mini S. Looks great quality and sounds the business.

I'll definitely be looking into the system. Another friend, up until recently, had a R26 with the back box removed. Sounded brilliant and gave the car a bit of extra character and drama. I just feel that with the 250 ATM, it's very clean and clinical.

One of my best mates has a Scorpion system on his Mini S. Looks great quality and sounds the business.

I'll definitely be looking into the system. Another friend, up until recently, had a R26 with the back box removed. Sounded brilliant and gave the car a bit of extra character and drama. I just feel that with the 250 ATM, it's very clean and clinical.

+1 on the backbox chop.

My mate has his chopped out and pipework installed in place and it sounds lovely. Not intrusive at all like you'd expect.

SarGara - I've seen you've mentioned before about the 250 being better on fuel than the Mk3 Clio. What kind of average MPG are you finding?

I was getting 29-30MPG out of my 197, the Meg is very similar.

If you decatted it yes, but I can't see a silencer delete causing any issues.

For the books on MPG my 197 was definitely better. On a run I could get 38mpg out the 197 but im barely touching 30mpg on the meg driving like a tart.

On trip we hit 47 mpg at 68 mph

...long motorway trip with the cruise set to 70 I have also managed this sort of figure in my Meg....on the daily use I manage around 32mpg....but I doubt there are many on here who have bought their cars with fuel economy in mind!!

...around here the roads are all 40mph or ( in a few cases) 50mph unless you get on the M5/M4 and even that is becoming a variable speed limit....so on the day to day drive its a case of having to drive like a granny or never get out of second gear! Some of the best driving roads have all fallen to the speed reduction campaign in South Gloucestershire....depressing