225 45 17 wont fit ??

Bought four conti 6 tyres and fitter refusing to fit them because he said they won't go. I thought this size was a common MOD?

We run 225's not sure about the spacer requirement as we have always run them.

They are only 10mm wider but some tyres are very square on the sidewall and give the impression of being much wider.

He says they're inch and half wider than 215! Refusing point blank.lol. it's on standard suspension without spacers . Do I need spacers?

what shuv says. wouldn't trust a fitter who talks nonsense like that. and you won't need spacers.
conti 6 is supposed to be a great tyre.

Reactions: 930Tech
just because its says 225 not all tyres are 225 there are differences in width...

anyway isnt standard 215mm so its 10mm more got his mm/inch mixed the donut!

just because its says 225 not all tyres are 225 there are differences in width...

anyway isnt standard 215mm so its 10mm more got his mm/inch mixed the donut!
I've just measured them and is about twelve mm difference .lol. will find someone else to fit them

yeh basically nothing then....obviously the donut doesnt fit those stretch tyres to broken suspension vw's
Noooo he said I've been fitting tyres for eighteen years, I no what I'm talking about. I said well if I need to fit spacers I will. He said it doesn't work like that. It's Fri, I couldn't be bothered so I ragged it home

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've just had one 225 fitted and it very lightly rubs on full lock (do have 25mm spacers on), can't decide whether to go 225 all round or just move the 225 to the rear, obviously 225 is appealing as the tyres are cheaper.

I've just had one 225 fitted and it very lightly rubs on full lock (do have 25mm spacers on), can't decide whether to go 225 all round or just move the 225 to the rear, obviously 225 is appealing as the tyres are cheaper.

Cup / Non Cup......lowering springs etc or stock ride height ?

I run 225/40/18. Fine on the road, but eat inner wheel arches on track. I would have thought 17inch, would be fine. I even thought to go to 17inch, but I have a few spare 18inch tyres to use up first.