225/45/17 vs 215/45/17?

Hi All,

Can anyone advise which is the best tyre size to go with for the mk3 RS200? I have seen the 225/45 tyres are a bit cheaper than the 215/45 but the latter being OEM, does the other tyres catch or scrub?

Running stock 17" cup wheels.

[QUOTE = "Big Ben, publicación: 688950, miembro: 53991"] ¿De qué manera? No estoy en desacuerdo solo con curiosidad sobre tus pensamientos :tongueout:ulgar:[/ QUOTE]

215 has a smaller diameter than 225, it's good that heheh
and 225 destroys my wheel arches :worried:

As far as I am aware the standard wheels, cup or otherwise are 17x7.5 ET68. You should have no trouble fitting a 225 45 to these. If you have something like a 17x8 with a 53 offset, 225 may well have some clearance issues.
There is no specific control over tread and tyre width, or at least the tolerances are very wide. It is quite possible that one manufactures 215 may be wider than another manufactures 225 in that particular size. Federal tyres for instance are generally quite wide. Your 4.5mm theoretical sidewall change or 1.4 increase in diameter is only going to make the speedo more accurate and if your tyre gauge reads a couple of PSI different to another gauge they are probably the same diameter anyway.
Wider tyres can make a car feel heavier due to the extra load required in turning, but you would usually be going substantially away from standard sizes to notice and at one size up you would likely see more effect in sticky tyres than road tyres, all other things being equal.

Reactions: Big Ben

Similar Thread Suggestions