2017 Xmas Competition - Prize Giveaway ! results on page 2

Pav

With Christmas 2017 now just around the corner, and in order to celebrate what has been a great year for the forum, we are pleased to announce the Clio197.net Xmas Competition Prize Giveaway!

Thanks to the fantastic generosity of our Site Traders and as a Thank You from all staff at the forum, we are able to make a lucky few of you a whole lot more merrier this Xmas!

We have these great prizes up for grabs:

1. mk3 Clio Gearbox mount on behalf of our site trader Evol Engineering

Evol engineering

2. a £35 Opie Oils gift voucher + some Opie Oils Goodies from our site trader Opie Oils

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

Unmatched Expertise - Unrivalled Choice - Great Value

Opie Oils are a long-term Trader on clio197.net and through @oilman offer prompt, expert and reliable advice to our members, as well as regular discounts on their wide range of automotive lubricants.

View attachment 118256

3. a £25 off VOUCHER for a full set of Clio Ph2 / 197 door cards from our site trader RS Door Cards
RS door cards

4. a budget of £50 towards a prize,courtesy of @Nik & @Kirsty...
We thought it would be a good idea to give you a choice between these 2:

Prize 1

Prize 2

If you are a winner of one of these 2 above prizes,we would appreciate if you could collect from your local Halfords store due to its weight.:thumb:

To enter,all you need to do is to tell us your the best ever Christmas present you've received in your lifetime? :thumb:

All entrants will be put into a hat and the winners will be drawn at random!

A few rules:

• You need to be a PAID MEMBER or above to enter (this excludes forum staff {moderators and admins})
  • Physical prizes can only be sent to members resident in the UK & Ireland
  • One entry per person
  • closing date 31st December 2017
  • You must have a reply in this thread to be included in the prize draw

A massive Thank You to our Site Traders @EvolEngineering2013, @1974-simon and Opie Oils @oilman for their generosity, and to @Kirsty and @Nik for their prizes and for making the competition possible.

And may we take this opportunity to thank all of our members for making this forum the best on the internet :thumb:

Best of luck to you all and a very Happy Christmas from all of us at Clio197.net

First off by saying congrats to everyone here at clio197.net for sorting another great giveaway and thank you again to the site traders for offering gifts.

Secondly to the point of best Xmas present ever... I would have to say it would have been my Hornby train set.
Can remember waking up and going downstairs to find my
Dad who had been up all night installing the track and getting it ready.

Thanks my entry :smile:

My best ever Xmas present was last year when I bought myself my RS197. Best decision I've made, love the car. It's not the first time I've treated myself like that, I bought my first car (Ford Focus Ebony) for myself for valentines day. Come to think of it, all the best presents I've ever had I got myself. [emoji23]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

One present I was given that for 10 minutes was the best present ever. I was 16 and was given a motorbike helmet. I didnt have a bike so thought there would be a moped outside waiting for me. Was just waiting for my dad to say something like "right, shall we go outside". Turns out the helmet was just that, a helmet and nothing else :tearsofjoy:. The helmet sat on a shelf for 4 years till i gave it away.

My best ever Christmas present was a remote control car with giant wheels. You could flip it over, drive it off slides and jumps, it even floated and drove on water. Awesome!

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
Echo @Beany great job by everyone for a fantastic giveaway -- also thanks of course to all of you mods and admins for making this place such a friendly and great community to be involved in!

Best Christmas pressie....my first BMX bike. Almost RS Racing Blue, many a day was spent in the summer from dawn til dusk out on it. Those were the days...

My best ever xmas present was my bmx bike when i was 15. Loved that bike and went everywhere on it.

Some awesome prizes up for grabs, thanks guys

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
Thanks for this guys, great prizes and a top forum! I haven't posted much since I've joined but I've learned a lot!

My favourite Christmas present was my PlayStation 1, mainly because I know now that my parents were struggling at the time but they still scrimped enough to make Christmas special for me and my brother. Think I still have it in the loft somewhere

My best present is a very easy decision, it was last year, from me to me...

This month last year i bought my first ever Renault Clio RS 200 and have loved every minute of it. Also got me into the forums and an enjoyable community who all share a pashion and similar interest in these enjoyable little cars.

also the forums have helped and saved me so much over that year period so i'd like to thank everyone for their support while im at it :blackdiamond:

Thought I'd join in,

Best present for me has to be the Charizard Pokémon Card. The card me and my brother never got. Sadly it's not a first edition but it's in mint condition although I have purchased my brother a 1st edition. I got given this around 5 years ago and it'll be a nice present to my son in years to come.

Thought I'd join in,

Best present for me has to be the Charizard Pokémon Card. The card me and my brother never got. Sadly it's not a first edition but it's in mint condition although I have purchased my brother a 1st edition. I got given this around 5 years ago and it'll be a nice present to my son in years to come.

Sadly not 1st edition but I can remember opening a packet with a shiny charizard.. I was jubilant and do still have it somewhere

Reactions: jamesgw200
Best present ever was a Lego race car. It was one of the Technic editions where you had to build the engine, gearbox etc and everything worked correctly. Guess that's why I like tinkering about with cars and bikes now. Fantastic prizes guys. Good luck everybody.

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
Thanks to everyone for entering so far, some cracking stories there!

Thank you too to the site traders who have contributed, to Nik and Kirsty for their generosity, and to @Pav for putting together this thread.

And thank you for all your kind words about the forum :smile: us staff work hard and spend a lot of time to make sure this is a great place to be, and it makes us all very happy to see such good feedback! Thanks to the members for making it the best forum around!

I can't enter the comp, but thought I'd share my best present story anyway. It was a photo of the 2013 season F1 drivers, signed by all of them.