2012 Renault Clio RS200 Ange et Demon #486

First its a stunning car. I have been down the same route before I megged it. I'm told by a reputable tuner that how the 197/200 are 'run in' from new has a massive influence on how much power they make further down the road (excuse the pun), and generally people need to drive it like they stole it from new. Those that haven't often see they are down 20 bhp+ which is a lot especially in a NA engine. Second the cams...I have fitted schricks previously and my advice to others would be don't bother. The 197/200 power is all around the top end of the rev's, and where its lacks is low down torque so all the cams are doing is pushing the power further up the rev range where you dont really need it...

Its also a lot of money, time and effort for little gains.

The best mods in my experience where exhaust, enlarged TB 63mm, V6 airbox (although I hear Ktec's is good) and fitting a sprintbooster.....

Last edited:
Had a chat with my mechanic about the cams:

"Whether standard or reprofile cams they are set up with the Genuine Renault Tooling, there is no other way to correctly set valve timing because of the keyless floating sprockets and cylinder head cam cover design being integeral part of the cam carrier caps. To dial in the camshafts and exactly match crankshaft degrees to meet the camshaft specs and obtain maximum performance is not a cost viable option in this set up, due to the cylinder head/cover design. This would be done when blue printing / race engine building.

Honestly, to get the best out of tuning an engine you could spend a day on the dyno. Also I would not take to much notice of the dyno figures especially when your trying tune a lot of cars in a day, you need to take time to check and recalibrate the dyno.

You being the driver will be the best judge on the power gains regardless what the dyno says."

Hmmm...there are so many factors at play here and it doesn't help that I have no idea what I'm talking about mechanically, so I think I'll abandon the technical investigation and just enjoy the car!

Last edited:
Top motor mate, power hunting is a hard thing mate. Atleast you know you have made it better. Perhaps some porting/polishing and other areas can help?

you changed the manifold?

made a huge difference on my polo gti.

Custom order. I couldn't find these shapes and sizes anywhere, so I sent off the originals to the UK and Pete from ti64 replicated them in titanium. Check out his website, he can make anything!