200 Tow strap bolt

I'm happy to take a punt on the 2.5mm thread rate for m20 thread. Are the other potential buyers cool with this?

I'm happy to take a punt on the 2.5mm thread rate for m20 thread. Are the other potential buyers cool with this?

So where does the 20mm threaded end fit....through the eye of the strap ?

If i supply a stainless nut with each. I can do / buy whatever 20mm thread i choose ?

The m20 thread goes into the chassis the eye goes on to the m12 thread end with a Bolt.

Someone will need to buy a bolt to try then, or a bit of M20 studding. Or ask Renault; they have a live-chat i think where you can ask questions....

This whole thread has gone right over my head, however I'm interested in one if they do become available, so @Pav can tow me back to the garage at Bedford when something inevitably goes wrong:excited:

This whole thread has gone right over my head, however I'm interested in one if they do become available, so @Pav can tow me back to the garage at Bedford when something inevitably goes wrong:excited:

Once details are 100% - I’ll start a list and tag in everyone who’s expressed an interest bud...

Reactions: Benno
Spoke to Renault Customer Service they are going to speak to their tech guys and get back to me. Does anyone have a micrometer or a thread guage and can measure their tow eye thread please? Be good to get the measurements to sevenfourate

Its standard M20 bolt - 2.5mm pitch

I started with a 300mm bolt, had some of the thread end machined off so it didn't take for ever to screw in.

Length machined down to XXmm (this bit I cant remember)

Drill / tap the end to take an M12 bolt say 30mm long

I did weld a drilled out M12 nut to the end to aid install / removal

Reactions: Pav
Thanks Paul
Did the tow strap poke out of the bumper or did you get the plastic cover over it with the bottom trimmed off.

I'm going to measure the length again tonight I'm guessing everyone wants there tow strap to come out underneath the cover?

Thanks Paul
Did the tow strap poke out of the bumper or did you get the plastic cover over it with the bottom trimmed off.

I made the bolt length such that

a) the bottom edge of the cover was cut and the strap attached such that the strap dangled down with the cover on

or

b) the strap could be folded / rolled up and put behind the cover i.e. not visible

My cover has long since gone, so as a track car I'd like the strap to be level with the outer bumper so it was visible to marshals . Perhaps we need two versions, or is that getting too complicated?

The length of the adaptor I had meant that the tow strap sat behind the cover. This made it useless as a tow strap as the bumper would be ripped of if the car was towed at an angle.

Hi as per Paul JA instructions I have attached an updated diagram with thread pitch for both ends and overall length if you want the strap to sit inside the cover and poke out of the bottom. I'm not planning to take my car on the track until next year so I'm not fussed about using practically.

For those who want there strap to be proud of the bumper your going to have to measure the toy eye as I forgot to measure the total length of the eye last night. I estimate its just 300 mm

Similar Thread Suggestions