200 or 200T?

Hey guys, some may – or may not know but I've been on here previously and had my fair share of RS Clios. After moving out to Manchester I had to sell my beloved LY 200 and have been driving my girlfriends white 1.2 Ford KA (the new horrible girly bubble ones) for the past 9 months.

It's safe to say that I'm totally fed up with driving it and have been looking at a few options now that I'm settled in.

I've seen the new 200t however I'm not totally convinced on it. I was just wondering, now that it's been out for a while is it worth getting one over a top spec 200 which you can pick up for 9-11k?

I'm in two minds whether to just pick up a new 200t one out of the box or get a 200 and customise it?

Is the 200t better (EDIT: A lot better) on motorway miles than the 200?

Thoughts?

(P.S. Is my car still on here? I think it went off to the Isle of Man after I sold it and hit a sheep/farm animal the last time I saw?)

Last edited:
Welcome back Jason..

personally after owning both if it was my money id get a 200t.. my reasoning .. around 10mpg better on a run 1/2 price tax and for most cheaper insurance..

modding options will be allot better with just a map giving the car an additional 50 bhp...

theres lots of other reasons but go drive both I think you will be surprised with the new Clio:thumbsup:

Yea, I've actually just taken a look at your thread, it's a nice example. I'm just trying to work out whether it's absolutely worth throwing another 10k at another Clio (can you retrofit the recaros by the way?)

I've been sold by the A250 Engineered by AMG currently so trying to stay away from 20k unless necessary as I know I'll just end up pushing the bar further and getting one.

Basically, its a toss up between getting a 200 and making a toy out of it (trackdays etc) or a 200t and just using it for a car. The A-classes are fudging nice though.

1508526_10151963233147621_600512501_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1508526_10151963233147621_600512501_n.jpg
    1508526_10151963233147621_600512501_n.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 31
Yeah I love the A class think its a great motor and in that silver its stunning but I don't think they are as much Fun as a Clio could be wrong .. the 200 is a great motor its just the whole time I owned the car I wanted another turbo I was looking at getting another meg but went and had a go in the Clio and loved it and the longer Ive owned it the more I love it that being said I get a very good deal on mine as it was the sales managers car which only had 600 miles on it when I got it I dont think there worth £21k but @ £16k I think its a brilliant purchase :thumbsup:

Yea, that's what I've thought from the reviews I've read that they aren't as much fun as a Clio could be, at the 30k they push new they're a bit out of budget but 25k used makes it a good sell against a new 21k Clio.

I didn't mind the 200 when I had it, the power was there when you needed it (ish) the only thing it missed was a wrasp from the exhaust which I could obviously get going forward.

16k is pretty reasonable actually! I've heard a lot of people struggling to get deals on new. It's something I've got to sit down and bang my head against I guess. I'm more towards a 200 currently due to the potential 10k still in my pocket and the amount of fun I had with my old one, I'm just trying to find a reason to convince myself otherwise!

A45 AMG...fit

40k fit too! haha. You can pick up an A250 "Engineered by AMG" which looks the same albeit it a **** ton slower for a lot less. They look awesome though.

Last edited:
the 200 and 200T are chalk and cheese IMO

i miss my high revving cart on track and i wont lie about that but as a day to day driver i much prefer my 200T......alot more now i have my supersprint exhaust on it to add some noise

its better equipped as standard and far better in traffic. MPG is better and is far better on the longer journeys. tax is cheaper too

far better gains to be had from mods

Just go and drive it and see how you get on with the gear box

here is the noise that mine makes

[youtube]ltaapdHaYfY[/youtube]

Last edited:
I always wanted the 200 but after i drove a 200t i was hooked i even tryed out a fiesta st and still went back to the 200t, its my first first auto car and i really wouldnt listen to what they say about the gearbox its quite good. As for you asking about motorway miles i do them everyday in mine and its great, its quite and calm and when you get stuck in traffic the auto box makes it better than keep changing gear all the time

I've had both now, had my 200T since Tuesday. Haven't looked back to be honest, the 200T feels so much quicker it's crazy. Nice in traffic, better economy ect ect.

As Kev said I'd go for the 200T or a Meg.

I would say drive both, however I have a 200 which I do love but I am considering a 200T. One of the main reasons is for the auto box as it's quite appealing to me after the troubles with my box. Still yet to drive a T bit think I would buy one if I did!

Mpg is ok on motorway probably nearer 37 than 43
gearbox , engine and handling superb and looks = top class
i got £1400 of mine new
as for the rest of the car it's cheap **** especially the r-link and the electrics it's shocking
but yea a nice pocket rocket. But strip all the **** off and it would be a superb little car
also needs sports seats and brembos and would then be better than the fiesta mountune

Mpg is ok on motorway probably nearer 37 than 43
gearbox , engine and handling superb and looks = top class
i got £1400 of mine new
as for the rest of the car it's cheap **** especially the r-link and the electrics it's shocking
but yea a nice pocket rocket. But strip all the **** off and it would be a superb little car
also needs sports seats and brembos and would then be better than the fiesta mountune

This surprises me tbh, whats wrong with the electrics? R-Link is amazing IMO for a cheapish entertainment system with TomTom, reverse camera ect ect its quality.

Agree with sports seats but the leather seats ive got in my T are so much more supportive than the older 200 seats, really comfortable.

Once I test drove it I fell in love, everything thing the 200 has plus more.. handling and chassis ect are perfect and with the gearbox its miles ahead of the 200 now, my opinion though.

I would say drive both, however I have a 200 which I do love but I am considering a 200T. One of the main reasons is for the auto box as it's quite appealing to me after the troubles with my box. Still yet to drive a T bit think I would buy one if I did!

I drove it and when I got out all I said was "I want it" :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm worried that if I go and try a 200T I'll end up wanting one! So I'm going to steer clear and most probably just going to stick with a FF 200 and use the extra cash to modify it.

Currently looking for a Storm Grey or Pearl White if you see one around!

needs sports seats and brembos and would then be better than the fiesta mountune

the seats are ok, the Recaros look good but the std seats are more supportive IMO

as for Brembos. the standard brakes on the 200T actually pull the car up in less distance than the old 200. again yes brembo look good but when it comes down to the amount of problems they had with siezing pins and pistons why would renault not go for something that performs better that is less money/hassle

long term tests im sure will be worth looking at going forward though

i myself and looking into Alcon and APRacing for my upgrades

I drive past me local Renault everyday and the have a red 200t like badbuzz2 and in falling in love with it everyday but it has a £17,995 price tag

at the right money ill sell mine - supersprint and a spare set of new OZ wheels included

only just an hour ago i was offered a silly deal on 265 trophy

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1