200 Grams Lowering Springs

I went from standard suspension to cup shocks with Grams springs.

The difference is very noticeable. Very stiff ride. Slightly uncomfortable on crappy roads if I'm honest but I am getting on a bit! Flip side to that is its an excellent setup for track use.
Car seems more stable at high speed

Good luck

Reactions: sevenfourate
Lol on the age thing @Big Ben

Maybe Springs should come colour coded by 'Age range of user' ? Lol. Not that I'm taking the pee. My choice of harshness / drop would be for the very oldest :smile:

@-Eddie- has / had the Grams springs fitted - if only for quite a short time too....so may well be able to chime in with an opinion.

Reactions: Deer_Dodger
From a daily use point of view I can't comment as my car covers very little miles. I've probably only done 50-60 in it from they where fitted 3 weeks ago. I find them easy enough to live with but as with any car that's lowered you're going to sacrifice some ride quality over the factory set up.

A friend had H&R fitted to his 200 and in my opinion it ruined the ride completely. Yes it sat nice but it was so crash etc.

On the subject of Grams I will be selling mine soon as a set of Bilsteins have come up for sale so I will be fitting them. Nothing against the Grams springs but I just prefer having an adjustable set up height wise and will add adjustable top mounts also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^

As an aside to this - the Eibachs I fitted (20 / 25mm drop) improved the ride of mine I reckon. But supposedly they were specifically made around / designed for the standard shocks. Maybe that meant they HAD to be a little tamer than most...

Progressive spring rates too I think - so stiffen up a little as you push on a bit harder.

Brilliant for my daily. Wouldn't be as good on track as H + R's or the Grams I suspect. But on 'perfect' surface you could get away with the stiffer springs.

Maybe Springs should come colour coded by 'Age range of user' ? Lol. Not that I'm taking the pee. My choice of harshness / drop would be for the very oldest :smile:

I couldn’t agree more, I’m too old for rock hard suspension.

I also find softer rather than firmer allows the tyres to retain contact on bumpier roads (just about every road where I live) whereas too firm will have you bouncing or sliding off the road.

I couldn’t agree more, I’m too old for rock hard suspension.

I also find softer rather than firmer allows the tyres to retain contact on bumpier roads (just about every road where I live) whereas too firm will have you bouncing or sliding off the road.

Lol the old timers still trying to be boy racers !!

You may be interested in my last post ref the Eibachs then.

@Micah can comment on these too hopefully, being a previous user.

Lol the old timers still trying to be boy racers !!

You may be interested in my last post ref the Eibachs then.

@Micah can comment on these too hopefully, being a previous user.

I’ll read that with interest thanks Shuv, I’m just about to refresh my suspension on my R27 (56,000 miles, nothing wrong with it, just ‘a fool and his money’ scenario) and considering to go standard Cup springs or Eibach as I’d read they are quite compliant compared to others.

I had a 182 Cup a few years ago and refreshed everything from shocks, springs, top mounts, linkages etc with OEM Cup stuff, except the springs which I decided to change to Cook Sport. For me this really spoilt my car for how I used it, great for track use, but too firm for my taste and 100% road use.

I know it’s horses for courses, but I’m that old nag with aching joints that prefers a more compliant ride.

@-Eddie- has / had the Grams springs fitted - if only for quite a short time too....so may well be able to chime in with an opinion.
Age related springs... now there's a thought:grinning:

Trouble is... physically I'm old but definitely not mentally!!

I’ll read that with interest thanks Shuv, I’m just about to refresh my suspension on my R27 (56,000 miles, nothing wrong with it, just ‘a fool and his money’ scenario) and considering to go standard Cup springs or Eibach as I’d read they are quite compliant compared to others.

I had a 182 Cup a few years ago and refreshed everything from shocks, springs, top mounts, linkages etc with OEM Cup stuff, except the springs which I decided to change to Cook Sport. For me this really spoilt my car for how I used it, great for track use, but too firm for my taste and 100% road use.

I know it’s horses for courses, but I’m that old nag with aching joints that prefers a more compliant ride.

We sound like twins :smile:

I'd be shocked (See what I did there) and amazed if you didn't like everything about them in that case...

I've had the grams springs fitted for about 2 months now. Less crashy compared to oem cup springs, with a nice drop. A lot less roll on cornering also.

It's a daily, and I find it smoother and more comfortable than the cup springs. I can't find anything to complain about really.

Reactions: Nick and Big Ben