200 dashboard swap.

I really want one of them yellow rev counters in my 197, i think they look so sporty!

Question is how much would renault sell the dash unit for and is it a straight unplug and plug in swap?

Did a similar conversion from a 182 onto a 1.4 and it was very simple, hoping for this to be the same deal.

Thanks, ben.

Would think it would be reasonably easy but what dont you just get a yellow rev counter made up and slip it over? Surely that would be easier, similar to what lockwood dials used to do? My mate works for a sign making company and pretty sure he could get one made up.

I'd much rather prefere the original look. Never been a huge fan of the lockwood dials.

i agree mate everyone ive known thats put lockwood dials on have problems with their dials after, the rev counter doesnt come seperate only comes as a whole instrument panel its pricey its £378.56 mate

i agree mate everyone ive known thats put lockwood dials on have problems with their dials after, the rev counter doesnt come seperate only comes as a whole instrument panel its pricey its £378.56 mate

for a renault part that aint bad :001_rolleyes:

Thanks for looking it up for me mate, thats a half decent price. gonna do that i reckon.

Ive got a mate who said he could make a yellow dial up that is a complete replica for the one in the 200, although as you guys have said, it can be fiddly getting the needles on and off in such a way it sits in the same position.

I had the lockwood dials on my old 1.4 and it was a nightmare to get the needles realigned again.

I put them on my old punto and i always had to have my sat nav on as the needle would all of a sudden drop and say i was doing about 20mph when i was clearly going along the motorway at about 70 or 69. lol.