200 clocks in a 197?

jon_tanner

Paid Member
So, I've been reading a lot of posts and saw somebody mention having the dials from a 200 in a 197. Is this a possibly option? Would it be possible to make the beeping shift light work?

Thanks!

Dunno bout the beep but it should be a straight swap, Im looking at doing this as well. Post up a price if you find one bud.

I'm no electronic expert, but I'll have a word with some of our geeks at work. I'm sure that you could tap into the existing bulb that lights up, you could maybe use a relay to switch a buzzer of some description?

I was thinking that, you could probably use the feed for the light for a beeper too. I wouldn't mind a shift up beep, but don't fancy all the work for it. I'm not very good with all that kind of thing anyway! Lol!

I'd quite like a beep at the shift light, if anyone has a go at trying to fit one make sure you put up a how too :smile:

I'll let you know when he gets back to me. Could probably do novelty sounds too! Lmao ... Anyone fancy a dog bark everytime it's gearchange time?! Hehe

Yeah i've had the 200 dials fitted..
The lights on my 197 dials didn't come on sometimes so i had to have them replaced and the change beep works. :tongueout: Is pretty awesome actually!

Hello and sorry for ''resurrecting'' this thread but has anyone by any chance made that swap? I'm quite keen on doing that so any info would def help a lot. Thanks!

I'm no electronic expert, but I'll have a word with some of our geeks at work. I'm sure that you could tap into the existing bulb that lights up, you could maybe use a relay to switch a buzzer of some description?

probably wont be a "bulb" an led more like and as for putting a relay in dont thnk the voltage used would work a normal one - probably all printed circuits

Similar Thread Suggestions