200+197 parts fitting 172?

Hi guys, quick questions

1. Will the recaro sportster fit in the 172 with the correct rails/backets, if so what brackets are needed?

2. Will the 200/197 steering wheel fit the 172?

3. Will the 200/197 Indicator storks fit the 172?

Thanks

And something about the airbag possibly not working? I think that was on a V6 but I imagine it would be similar.

There was a girl on here (magpie something?) who had a black V6 and posted a few pictures of it in a hangar with some planes. She had put a 197 wheel in that and had problems with the airbag.

The seats will fit with the corrct frame Steve Murr fitted some to a 172 flamer look awsome.
The steering wheelwill fit but i belive you need to adjust or do something but theres loads done it on CS.
The stalks i dont know about that but the other two for shore

Putting 200/197 steering wheel in 172 or 182 will fit on but the problem is, if it have a crash the airbag will not goes off or won't do anythings! I been mess around those days, I put kangoo steering wheel with airbag fit in mk2 clio and same like the 200/197 steering wheel so airbag light didn't come on and if unplug it the light will come on. Someone did this in the past, crash his clio but airbag didn't goes off and made a mess his face. If some peoples want to do it, well that there own risk. F**k it no way I would do that and CS are stupid & don't think!

Right well thanks for the advice guys! Will just buy a new 172 wheel then and contact Steve about the seats

Giles why are the CS stupid?

Because they don't listen and they talking rubbish and I'm not saying they all are stupid mate.

Haha ignore me mate, thought you were referring to the recaro cs's then not cliosport haha

Hi guys, quick questions

1. Will the recaro sportster fit in the 172 with the correct rails/backets, if so what brackets are needed?

2. Will the 200/197 steering wheel fit the 172?

3. Will the 200/197 Indicator storks fit the 172?

Thanks

1. No. 197/200 Recaros sit too high to fit into the cabin of a 172. Once you cost up taking apart the Recaros to remove the rails/frame and buying custom rails/frames you would have been better off selling the Recaros and purchasing a new pair of Standard (non Renault item) Recaro Sporsters from the likes of Capital Seating.

2. Yes i fitted a 197 steering wheel to my 172 it was a straight swap. The only issue is it rubs slightly on the steering column so you can either sand this back or just use the wheel and it will rub itself. My 172 with it fitted:
photo037j.jpg

3. Not a clue sorry.

Last edited:
ClioSport are a bunch of Knackers IMO too. Too many 1.2 Clio owners with whale wings, 20in alloys and halfrauds "sport" badges.

Awful!? You should have seen the melted mess that it replaced if you think that looks bad :smiley:

Id struggle to crash it seeing how I havent owned a 172 in almost 5yrs!

ClioSport are a bunch of Knackers IMO too. Too many 1.2 Clio owners with whale wings, 20in alloys and halfrauds "sport" badges.
I didn't sign up for this exact reason. The project/build thread is filled with non sports trying to hard to fit in with £5 stick ons.