1994 Clio Williams 2

As many of you will know I have wanted a Clio Williams for a very long time and yesterday a chance came up for me to finally make the purchase. A Williams 2 was advertised on the Williams Owners Club with a brief description of it and just said offers invited. After speaking to the owner throughout the day, this morning I put the deposit on it and collect it on Saturday 22nd March. Got to be trailered though as it has a few issues lol.

Currently it has not tax or MOT and has rust on the passengers arch (very common on sills and arches but the sills have all ready been repaired). Its also suffering from idle issues where it cuts out after a couple of minutes. When being driven the car hesitates and kangaroos at certain times so this will be the first job on the list.

All in all not bad for the price I paid but I can see me spending a lot more than that in the years to come lol. Few cosmetic touches need attention to bring it back to an OEM look.

FrontShot_zps5b8e914f.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the project will be slow but im in no real rush, Ive bought it with money I didnt really have lol so any purchases will have to wait or be very very cheap ha ha.
[MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] couldnt agree more mate, a true classic! Totally standard too apart from some blue metal pedal covers (which ill be replacing with standard black rubber ones)

Great stuff Chris, great great stuff!

You have to love a Williams, reading about it (again) in the latest Octane:wink:

Dug out some old threads and it appears that its idle problem has been around for some time, seems a simple fix though, just needs a new ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve)

Nice purchase Chris. I love an old Williams. Looking forward to some progress on this, hopefully you'll have it running right for the summer? :smile:

I really hope so Rob as it will probably only be taxed for 6 months of the year and just dry stored over winter. If it is as simple as the ISCV being replaced then all will be well. Has a rusty passenger side arch but that doesnt affect it in anyway so that will just be sorted 'as and when'

[MENTION=4121]John1006[/MENTION] I kept saying the same thing and with selling the 197 to get a diesel it kinda made it possible. [MENTION=2901]Ashton[/MENTION] Cheers Kenny, cant wait to start tidying her up [MENTION=3528]Roblynn1977[/MENTION] Ill get a project thread sorted once shes picked up and sat in my garage :smile:

Slight change of plans, im now heading up there this Sunday to sign the paperwork and pay the remaining balance and generally have a good look around her :smile:

My mate will go up the following Sunday with his mate and trailer it down to me!

So far ive ordered a new idle speed control valve and a new lambda sensor which fingers crossed will have her running for the first time in 2 years.

The old girl arrives on Sunday. Cant wait to start doing the small jobs whilst I save some pennies to do the cambelt, aux belt and water pump. Parts in my possession so far are, new lambda sensor, new ISCV and new thermostat.

Just cant wait to give her a good clean and try and get rid of the musty smell from being stored for 2 years :thumbsup: