197 xenon.....?

evening all.

My clio 197 xenon passenger light is flickering when I go over bumps mainly but can notice it every now and then on a normal smooth road.

Any ideas I presume it’s a bulb first and then maybe the ballast?

How much and where from?

Thanks.

Well the bulb cant break then fix itself so swap the bulbs over and while doing it check the model and make so you can check the price as when you change one bulb you will always see a difference even if its the same rating but different make. See if the problem follows the bulb and gives you a chance to check they are fitted properly remember there is a difference between flickering and shaking. Why not sign up it's £5 the how to section (which a non member cant see) explains how to remove the bumper and lights so you can do the job right due to access problems and better chance to see everything in more detail.

Reactions: Doogle
In my 197 I notice a slight flicker when going over bumps, are you sure the bulb is actually flickering, and it's not the auto levelling trying to compensate for suspension movement?

That's what mine is but it may be worth getting someone to watch your headlamps as you drive toward them so you can confirm.