197, white on white

Will be interesting to see if the black series torque arm bush makes any difference.

And if the vibration gets you first !!

Let us know.........

So your very right, I’ve just been for a drive and it is very much noisier. But I kind of like it !

I only find it’s annoying when trying to park, but it has made the gearchange feel 100% better. No more crunching in second now.

Luckily I only do 6 miles a day to work so should be able to live with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tombate911
So, got in the 197 today & press the start button, click click click. Looks like battery has given up the ghost, however it is the original that’s been on the car since 2008! Quickly checked the alternator was charging & all good, so chucked a spare battery on & started up fine :smile:

So, got in the 197 today & press the start button, click click click. Looks like battery has given up the ghost, however it is the original that’s been on the car since 2008! Quickly checked the alternator was charging & all good, so chucked a spare battery on & started up fine :smile:

9 years out of a battery is some going. Not that it helped you today :smile:

Many say a new battery in these somewhat 'transforms' the car.......

Yes I agree 9 years is not bad at all. Have chucked a random battery on for now. Will sort myself out either a new renault or Motrio one on Monday.

On a separate note, I need to replace the 2 front tyres pretty soon,
Currently I have Continental conti sport 2’s on the front
& Falkens on the rear.

I’ll be leaving the Falkens on the rear as they are nearly new so seems a waste to replace. (However they are sh*t)

So I’m looking for a decent set to replace the fronts.. I’m looking for something decent & have narrowed it down to 3...

Michelin Pilot sport cup 2’s.
Yokohama AD08R’s
Federal 595 RSR’s

I’m tempted by the AD08R’s I must say as they seem to be the best reviewed & middle
Of the road price.

What’s people’s thoughts?

I went from Goodyear Eagle F1's to Yokohama AD08R and been very impressed.
Lots of good tyres available at the minute

I went from Goodyear Eagle F1's to Yokohama AD08R and been very impressed.
Lots of good tyres available at the minute

I think I will be going for AD08R’s for the front & will replace the rears once there worn out/when I can afford too!

Reactions: Big Ben
So, 2 days with the power flex bush was enough for me!

New genuine replacement

Much better!

... So the 'Darth Vader' BLK series really did make you visit the dark side of Vibration City...LOL

Yes, I’m far too old for that now. I drove it to work & just thought in my head ‘what have I done’ it was horrendous. Rattles started to appear from everywhere.

As I said if it was a track car then 100% there brilliant.

But the plan was to make this car as 100% original, and the bushes just ruined that. So oem replacements will be the way forward.

The black series is for track I thought, agree the yellow purple can look odd, but I understand they are better for a road car.

I have the KTec (Vibratechnics) lower engine mount and it was a tad shocking when I drove it home from the garage, it has died down a lot and I can live with it, the vibration is worth the more solid feeling while driving a good upgrade for me, but mine is a toy car garage queen etc.

Forgot to say love the white on white look, I am thinking about refurbing my wheels and white is in the running, I use Gyeon Rim on my daily car keep the wheels super clean and easy to keep clean - that was a good move on your part.

Would love to see the white calipers.

Thanks mate appreciate the comments. Think it should look good with white brakes so will get that done when I can.

Still getting a very frustrating crunch when going into 2nd gear. Strange as it doesn’t always do it.
I also didn’t think these suffered from 2nd gear issues but I must be wrong.

Looks like it’ll be needing a rebuild, but was hoping I wouldn’t need to!

Nothing much exciting in the way of mods - just keeping it nice and clean!

And nothing wrong with that ! Looks stunning :smile: Love the angle of the first pic especially......

I've never used the Diamond White (Owning a Blue and a Green car!). But was and still am a fan of DodoJuice Supernatural Hybrid sealant / wax. A bit of a bitch to remove. But oh-so-worth it.

Enjoy.

And nothing wrong with that ! Looks stunning :smile: Love the angle of the first pic especially......

I've never used the Diamond White (Owning a Blue and a Green car!). But was and still am a fan of DodoJuice Supernatural Hybrid sealant / wax. A bit of a bitch to remove. But oh-so-worth it.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much mate, my first time using dodo juice products, I’ve used hundreds of waxes/sealants/coatings but mainly stuck with autofinesse desire/illusion but thought I would give diamond white a go seeing as this is my first white car!

Was nice & easy to apply & remove so very pleased with it !

Reactions: sevenfourate