197 - what do you guys think

So, it's 8 years old and has 2 stamps in the service book? How is that full service history? The last service was Sept 2012 - 17 months ago..........?!? I doubt the belts will have been done so add £500 to the price.

That, for its age and history is extremely over priced. Mileage really isn't a major problem on these cars, however regular maintainence is! Steer clear would be my advice!

Wow.. That's exactly why I posted it here as I thought that would be the best my money could get!

Thanks mate

Nice car but slightly too much on the clock for me ill be putting about 17,000 P/A as my daily.

that is a good price for the mileage.

How do you work that out? Maybe if it had 7 stamps in the book, the belts done etc then yes it would be 'ok'. but for it to have 5 services missing and not been serviced for 17 months (its 12 months or 12k, whichever somes first remember) it's a terrible price. In my opinion of course.

had a blonde moment- if it was an R27 then i think its not bad but its not, and it probably needs the belts done as mentioned.

How do you work that out? Maybe if it had 7 stamps in the book, the belts done etc then yes it would be 'ok'. but for it to have 5 services missing and not been serviced for 17 months (its 12 months or 12k, whichever somes first remember) it's a terrible price. In my opinion of course.

Just had the salesman on the phone assures me car is at cost price so no movement but is willing to do the cambelt also at cost price for £400.00 and went on to explain that no other services we're needed as it only covered enough mileage for 2.

So yeah definitely dodging that.

went on to explain that no other services we're needed as it only covered enough mileage for 2.

My bike hasn't reached the milage for its first service yet I've 3 stamps in the book!

Also your postcode is in that link to the car, might think about taking that out and using the local city centre postcode (that's what I do) to find out how far the car is from you.

Last edited:
Steer clear. Two services in 7 years? As said above if it was serviced annually and had the belts done it was good at the money. They should be giving you a better deal than £400 to do the belts too.

Similar Thread Suggestions