197 vs fabia vrs

I have just had a bit of a race with one of these horrid looking little cars.they dont hang about thats for sure.i would think that it had been chiped up because it kept up with me until roundabouts,then it was all over the place.no competition really but i was very surprised.

Yeah.. friend of mines has one and i had a shot of it and was really surprised by it.

And they deffo aint shy on the bends or round-abouts or maybe its just my friend that can drive it

There is not much on market that can go round corners better than a renaultsport clio 197/200.

These are quick in a straight line for sure. When chipped they can push out between 150-180bhp, some have even been upgraded with turbos etc to 250bhp and stupid torque (think somewhere around 400lb/ft) by jabba sport. Awesome little rocket, that's basically a VW Polo
but then our clios will just disappear around the corners :smile: ah happy days lol

jbs auto design did a black 1 as a demo car.
with a custom code and nos.
now that was silly quick.

I actually looked at one of these before I bought the clio. When i say 'looked' it was a very brief look as it ugly as...
But very good cars these, considering it has 130bhp they are very fast, the seat ibiza FR TDi is the same (had one as a company car few years ago). feels more like 170bhp imo and it will easily do 49mpg (my ibiza did 53mpg on the motorways).
The 197 is obviously quicker, but not by as much as you would think. But as people have said already, the fabia is no competition on the twisties. But we pay for this privilege with 27-29 mpg :smile:

torque is more fun than power

the downside is that you have to shift gears early, but the way you are pushed in the seat and the low rpm grunt makes up for it

mine says 29.1 atm which aint that bad considering the way its driven lol. but I don't know how accurate that is tbh it seems to use loads of fuel :worried: