197: Top engine mount

Does anyone know if the engine has to be supported to change the top mount, or do you just take the old one off and replace it easily?

Cheers

I would personally always support the engine when removing a mount (other than the lower stabilister)

You need to support it or it will just fall down and rest on the driveshaft and subframe and may even damage the shaft

no support, just take out.

When mate does cambelts on front wheel drive cars with sim set up top mount he allways supports the engine, i'm pretty sure nothing else holds it up that end/side.

I think there is some confusion as to which mount the OP means...

Is it the stabiliser bar that links to the bulkhead or the top mount on the drivers side chassis leg?

I think there is some confusion as to which mount the OP means...

Is it the stabiliser bar that links to the bulkhead or the top mount on the drivers side chassis leg?

Yeah sorry I don't think I explained it properly!

Basically I have this problem (The video) http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19334&highlight=knocking+noise

Its very loose and making a knocking noise when cold etc so I think it needs replacing - Not sure what its called some people are calling it a stabiliser bar and some call it an engine mount.

you wont need to support the engine for that one....

maybe push it backwards/forwards to get the bolts aligned but thats it

you wont need to support the engine for that one....

maybe push it backwards/forwards to get the bolts aligned but thats it

will replacing this mount stop the engine moving backwards and forwards so much?

never got round to upgrading my mounts and kind of forgot which ones you said to replace si,:001_unsure:

will replacing this mount stop the engine moving backwards and forwards so much?

never got round to upgrading my mounts and kind of forgot which ones you said to replace si,:001_unsure:

lower one will be best to change...