197 Replacement

Well after 3 months of ownership i've decided to part with the 197 and get myself something cheaper to run as im sick of paying stupid petrol bills.

This came up at a very very good price and I know the owner who it had from new.

Quick spec list as its not standard:

Lowered on Ap coilovers. Rears are all the way down with adjusters out and fronts are suited to match. (may have to higher it a bit as its a nightmare with the amount of speedbumps around my area)
Full milltek system manifold back with decat.
Wheels sprayed anthracite and rears have 5mm spacers.
Piper cross induction kit
All grills and plastics done gloss black along with interior trim
6000k hids

So far i cant stop smiling. I missed the sound of a milltek so much as all my previous cars i've had i have fitted a full milltek too. Also yesterday i averaged 45mpg !! From a 1.6 petrol thats got a decat i was astonished. Dont get me wrong its not as quick as the clio though the bends or on the straights but im extremely happy with it.

anyway pics after a quick clean today

005-22.jpg
006-17.jpg
007-14.jpg
008-10.jpg
009-9.jpg
010-10.jpg
011-11.jpg

I really like the look of these, bet it sounds nice and rorty too with that system on it. :smile:

What's the book figure on these, around 110BHP isn't it? Zetec S?

These are a lovely shape :smile: and the colours and height look awesome.

Is a shame they didn't do an st one with more horses as would of been good!!

You should of had a miltek on your clio worth the fuel costs :wink: haha.

Really not a fan of the interior. It's like something out of an alien spaceship lol

Looks gorgeous on the outside tho. Good choice.

Shame clio had to go mate but you got yourself a very nice replacement. I've always like fords and the grey is one of the nicest colours. Good choice :smile:

Thanks for the positive comments guys :smile:

They are 120bhp standard. The mountune 155 kit takes the 0-60 time down by 2 seconds so it may be worth getting that in a few months as it doesn't really affect the fuel consumption by all accounts. But for the moment im just going to enjoy it and save some money for holidays lol.

Clio will be up for sale next week once my private plate is off, will be gutted to see it go but i'll definately be back when circumstances are different

Ahh haaaaaa, I did indeed look at this thread this morning, and as you may know :wink: I am from a Ford background as well as Suki Saxo.

What a fantastic car!

Really looks the part that does! Nice buy :smile:

Really like this Mk of Fiestas. Very good looking. Seen a good few nicely modified ones.

This one being my favourite:

5598333276_ff8e9490cd_b.jpg

5597755815_e34353786b_b.jpg