197 poly mounts advise

well the upper insert is known to give bad vibrations..you may be ok with it though..definitely looking forward to your comments once it's fitted..

Last edited:
I think people on here, myself included, generally agree the best compromise seems to be upper torque arm bush and the lower engine mount insert.

I've read about people on here removing the upper engine mount insert as vibrations are really bad but the benefits are barely noticeable when compared to the upper torque arm bush.

Got my Pipercross Panel filter pretty cheap (approx £30). Foam material, rubber surround etc... worth checking the price of that as an alternative to RAMAIR/KTEC and pick cheapest :smile:

I think people on here, myself included, generally agree the best compromise seems to be upper torque arm bush and the lower engine mount insert.

I've read about people on here removing the upper engine mount insert as vibrations are really bad but the benefits are barely noticeable when compared to the upper torque arm bush.
yeah this..better to stick to OEM part...

Definitely this. I was one of the ones that fitted both upper torque arm and upper insert. Later got fed up of vibrations and removed upper insert. Car drove exactly the same with just the torque arm and vibrations were minimal. I've since added the lower engine mount and the gearbox mount. Although I wouldn't say either of those made much difference to drive feel, or vibration.

Reactions: Dystant
Definitely this. I was one of the ones that fitted both upper torque arm and upper insert. Later got fed up of vibrations and removed upper insert. Car drove exactly the same with just the torque arm and vibrations were minimal. I've since added the lower engine mount and the gearbox mount. Although I wouldn't say either of those made much difference to drive feel, or vibration.

Yeah gearbox one didn't affect vibrations at all for me, and general driving doesn't really feel that much difference, but you can definitely feel it's a lot sturdier changing gear when accelerating quickly :smiley:

Hi guys so fitted the upper insert and don't think the vibrations are that bad really. There is some but would say enough to drive you mad.

I also tried to do the lower insert but the 18mm bolt is just spinning so this should be fun.

Reactions: Dystant
Hi guys so fitted the upper insert and don't think the vibrations are that bad really. There is some but would say enough to drive you mad.

I also tried to do the lower insert but the 18mm bolt is just spinning so this should be fun.

I guess what classes as 'too many vibrations' is different between different people, if it doesn't bother you then good :smiley:

Shame about the bolt on the lower one, what's the plan for that one? :S