197 @hardings renault

hi guys and girls

been taking my time looking for the perfect car for me
finally came across a silver 197 a few miles up the road from me.
i have been doing alot of research and it turns out the cars been at this garage for about a year

has anyone had any dealings with hardings?
everytime iv tried to go up to have a look there bloody shut

heres the link

http://www.hardingsrenault.co.uk/vehicle-details/?VehicleId=780085

any advise would be great

cheers
paul

Tis the best colour......

I would be a little concerned with a car that has sat around for a year.

comes across as way to good to be true with the milage and everything else.
just dont understand why its been sat there for so long.

think im guna have to take a drive up there this week and start asking questions. im not guna be happy if its F####d kinda excited about this one lol :smile:

If its been sat around for a year then make sure you check everything!

Make sure there are no flat spots on the tyres where its been sitting including excessive cracks in the side walls, rubber seals are all in good condition. Most importantly check the brakes, if the disks look in bad shape then they will need to be replaced, any juddering when braking or when travelling at speed could be signs on this.

Also might be worth checking the interior over for signs of mould, if its been sat around and not used then there is a good chance. Under seats would be a good place to check, seeing as they would have cleaned any areas that were on show.

If you haven't already check out the buyer guide here

Good luck.

If its been sat around for a year then make sure you check everything!

Make sure there are no flat spots on the tyres where its been sitting including excessive cracks in the side walls, rubber seals are all in good condition. Most importantly check the brakes, if the disks look in bad shape then they will need to be replaced, any juddering when braking or when travelling at speed could be signs on this.

Also might be worth checking the interior over for signs of mould, if its been sat around and not used then there is a good chance. Under seats would be a good place to check, seeing as they would have cleaned any areas that were on show.

If you haven't already check out the buyer guide here

Good luck.

Good advice! Mine was 'sat around' for about 6 months before I bought it.
I didn't really have any problems, but the sidewalls of the tyres were a bit perished, so had them replaced.
Also the little rubber seals behind the doors and just in front of the rear quarter windows were cracked - also had them replaced.

What I didn't notice for about 2 months was the brakes. As I got more used to the car, it started to pull to one side under heavy breaking. Also developed a squeak, so I checked out the condition of the pads and discs. On the front calipers, only one pad was coming into contact with the discs, so had done all the work and worn down to the metal.
This is a common fault with the brake pins sticking on the Brembo's, but I didn't know that at the time.
I'm sure that the car sitting around didn't help though.
Cost me close to £400 to put right.
Hope that helps mate!

Car looks good though! Great colour :wink:

Just wanted to update you all on how the car hunts going.
theres some good and bad news...
the good news is iv brought and got a new car
the bad news is its not a 197/200 :S

i gave up on waiting to hear back from hardings renault no answer from email or phone.
me and the misses did a lot of looking around and after a choice between a Astra 1.8 sri and a Suzuki Swift Sport I fell for the SSS

the garage offered me well over the book price for my fiesta so i didnt hesitate and snapping up the swift.

58plate 29000miles on the clock just cost me £4400

really couldnt be happier with the car great to look at lots of mod cons the fiesta didnt have and it really does shift and hold the road well.

heres a pic of her

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: