197 conversion thread

About time! Get some more pics up though! Which spoiler is that? What's the spec of the suspension, standard?

About time! Get some more pics up though! Which spoiler is that? What's the spec of the suspension, standard?
Haha. I'm not sure on spoiler, I thought car was a cup when went to see it but I realised it wasn't however fell in love with colour. it s on standard suspension but am going b14 s once conversion done

Those wheels look superb Steve!
You just need to source some end plates for that spoiler (which is a task in itself!) and that will finish it off nicely, but will probably be at the bottom of your list as you are no doubt keen to get on with the conversion.
Front splitter would also look spot on :wink:

Those wheels look superb Steve!
You just need to source some end plates for that spoiler (which is a task in itself!) and that will finish it off nicely, but will probably be at the bottom of your list as you are no doubt keen to get on with the conversion.
Front splitter would also look spot on :wink:
I'm not sure about the end plates. Twenty years ago yes def but not sure now. Where do you go about looking for them? I may change my mind.lol. Agree with splitter but want to carbon diffuser when I get around to it so may do both. Best splitter?

Ok thinking logically whilst I collect bits for conversion. I no you need to use heat resistant mat or whatever you call it. Has anyone sourced or made a turbo heat shield like a 5gt turbo type effort

Ok thinking logically whilst I collect bits for conversion. I no you need to use heat resistant mat or whatever you call it. Has anyone sourced or made a turbo heat shield like a 5gt turbo type effort

My engine came with a turbo heat shield. If yours didn't you could just use one of these - https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/automotive/turbo-heat-shields or some of this - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...ation/zircoflex-self-adhesive-heat-insulation
Or better still, have the turbo ceramic coated.