197: Clutch problem

Antti O

Gold Member
I have problem with 197 clutch. When car is cold in the morning and i start it. Clutch feels like there is something sticking when i press it. I can feel it in my leg. It also makes some squeek noise. Is there some bushing which i can grease? It almost feels like pedal slide bearings (is there any)? are not properly lubricated. Clutch works perfectly and releases as it should. Pedal feel is normal, but that sticking and squeeking is the problem.

Any ideas?

No so happy news. Problem still exists.
Maybe next i should replace master cylinder, can someone tell me how difficult job?
There seems to be valeo master cylinders in ebay approx 60£.

This seems to be correct part?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VALEO-Geberzylinder-Kupplung-Renault-/201908913878?fits=Make:Renault&hash=item2f02b586d6:g:CtcAAOSw42JZAyXX
Get someone to operate clutch while you see if you can hear where it's coming from. I wouldn't have thought master cylinder would make a noise. Maybe release bearing on output shaft?

I would say noise is coming straight behind firewall. I will buy new master cylinder, it is approx 50£.
I try that first.

What fluid are you using? I was using ATE fluids and has a squeaky, sticky pedal. Swapped to standard fluid then motul, no issues.
I was able to pin point it to the fluid due to the fact it started as soon as I replaced the standard fluid in the system with ATE and went away when flushed through.

Reactions: krash67
What fluid are you using? I was using ATE fluids and has a squeaky, sticky pedal. Swapped to standard fluid then motul, no issues.
I was able to pin point it to the fluid due to the fact it started as soon as I replaced the standard fluid in the system with ATE and went away when flushed through.

Hi
I have brembo 5.1 brake fluid, normal cheap stuff from my local parts supplier.