197 alternatives for the same ish money.

I've had the clio as a 2nd car for 6 months now, and it just isn't tickling my pickle tbh. Lovely clean car and drives great, just no connection to it really, anyone else had this with any vehicle before?

As the title suggests, what you you buy for around the 4k mark? Doesn't have to be a car that handles well like the clio, can be a wafty barge. Last barge I had was a lexus ls400 and it was epic!

Had an RX-8 for two weeks, and got rid. Drank fuel, drank oil, engine rebuild at 40k, floods easier than stevie wonders bathroom. Just don’t bother.

Possibly pick up an older s2000 for that money? Great cars! And so fun!

Mk5 Golf GTi?

MX-5? Now that’s a fun little car too!

Reactions: Jimmy and Sean197
I'm currently in my local vw dealer looking at a scirocco r in a very nice spec...help....

Second hand or new?

They’re not building anymore Sciroccos, as they’re making it into a ‘super electric coupe’ apparently.

Make sure you get a VERY good deal!
Take into account that final balloon payment and the interest rates. They can generally move on both.

Just keep reminding the salesman they aren’t making anymore, so you’re doing him a favour.

Reactions: Pav
Second hand or new?

They’re not building anymore Sciroccos, as they’re making it into a ‘super electric coupe’ apparently.

Make sure you get a VERY good deal!
Take into account that final balloon payment and the interest rates. They can generally move on both.

Just keep reminding the salesman they aren’t making anymore, so you’re doing him a favour.
Haha this...

What is it you don't like about the Clio? What is it you're looking for that it doesn't do?

For me I'd have to spend well over £10k before I could find something anywhere close to the enjoyment I get out of ours and even then it probably wouldn't thrill me as much. But my needs for driving may be very very different to yours.

Reactions: Jimmy
Ok they wanted silly monthly payments on the scirocco. However, they had a 66 plate polo gti. My daily back is a polo that's only a year old, great for me as I live in a city centre etc. So after a brief chat and some number crunching, if I put £1000 towards and my monthly payments went up by £45 I could be away in the gti.

The test drive.....a drivers car it is not. That said for such a small car to have have over 190bhp and a good dollop of torque, it felt so smooth and effortless in traffic compared to the clio. Overtaking was also a breeze without much effort unlike the clio. A remap also has these things at 242 bhp and 225ftlbs, perks of the turbo car. Also has a great interior with touch screen entertainment etc.

Certainly has me thinking. Major benefit would be dropping to one car so I'll save on 2 sets of tax and insurance.

Sounds like you want a turbo tbh...

If you’re not after a drivers car, but just Theo you back in your seat for cheap. sounds like a Costa VXR is a good buy for you.

Easy 230/40bhp, and will cover all bases cheaper than voiding a warranty on a brand new polo gti.

Not for me, but sounds like it fits your bill

have you though about a clio 172/182? You'll get a decent one for around 2.5k-3k and they are very good-handling cars and will keep up with a lot of more powerful (and heavier) turbo cars.

I think coming from a evo 6 to a Clio is such a big difference I'm struggling with how big the gap is tbh. Like I said nothing wrong with the clio although if I'm honest the interior is terrible lol, but I bought it to drive and that it does very well. That alone unfortunately isn't enough for me it seems.

don't get me wrong on track the clio will wreck a stock polo lol, But how often am I on track really, I'll take being happier 99% of the time i think.
Yeah makes sense unfortunately.
I couldn’t live with my Clio as a daily
I get it out once a week kick it’s head in and put it away again lol. The odd clean in between of course

Yeah makes sense unfortunately.
I couldn’t live with my Clio as a daily
I get it out once a week kick it’s head in and put it away again lol. The odd clean in between of course
That's what I did with the evo, that did feel very special though. That and I was so afraid of something breaking I didn't want to drive it :laughing:

Reactions: Big Ben
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You don't even need to say it out loud mate!!!
Alot of people would consider a Renault Clio to be something other that what the enthusiast knows it to be. Not helped by the price the 197 these days meaning the youth and their fake Burberry caps drive them about lmao

Alot of people would consider a Renault Clio to be something other that what the enthusiast knows it to be. Not helped by the price the 197 these days meaning the youth and their fake Burberry caps drive them about lmao

Sounds like you’re buying a car for people other than yourself to be honest mate.

You’ll find a lot of people on here have been there, done the Range Rovers, Merc’s, BM’s etc. Yet we all have a Clio for some reason or another.

You’ll look good in them, think it’s the best thing in the world. Then realise, you’re driving a boring car, and people don’t even realise what it is.
It’ll be a ‘black car’ to most people, at the end of the day.
My mate has an R8 V10+ and his Mrs calls it ‘his silver toy car thing’ [emoji15]

Buy something YOU’LL enjoy, not what other people perceive it to be.
Clio, Evo, Lexus... whatever it is, just make sure it’s for you [emoji8]