197 alarm help

Sometimes when I unlock my car and get in, it gives several beeps (usually around 3 bleeps). What does this mean? only does it about once a week

IIRC it just means that you've opened the door too quickly, you have to put your hand in, wait for the click as it unlocks, then pull the handle. Not do both at once. Stupid clio!

...I think these are listed in the alarm instruction book...they represent diferent types of causes of the alarm being triggered or something....like he car is suposed to tell us if someones been in the engine compartment while you're asleep??

Yep as Troopy says,assuming you have the hands free card,when you put your hand over the sensor it needs to de-activate and may still be doing this if you open the door quickly hence the beeps.
Try waiting a few seconds longer before opening the door then you will know

the alarm is directly linked in to the 197 interior electronics and monitors the system via the body ecu/can bus data link - if you unlock it to fast it doesnt have time to de-activate properly and hence the bleeps :biggrin:

ah ya this makes sense. sometimes I just open the handle rather than waiting for it to unlock then open. Thank guys