172/182 vs 197

Anyone ever tried this suppose would be close in straight line obvs our 197 would pull it's pants down on corners?

:smile:

Nothing in it at all really, but the 182's "feel" faster because of their build quality and being lighter. Straight line, no difference. Twisties, both awesome but the 197, especially with Cup chassis/suspension, is noticeably more sorted IMO.

Then add H&R's and it's another level...

i raced a 182 the other day, by the time i'd got into 6th gear i was away... was doing about 115mph at this point tho, pretty even the rest of the way tho

I was down at Crail yesterday and was wanting to race a 172 but by time i got round to it he was getting towed out of the place.. He had been giving it beans all day.

If you ask that same question over on Cliosport.net the 197 will just get totally slated :worried:

If you ask that same question over on Cliosport.net the 197 will just get totally slated

you no it would lol,

they hate the 197 on that forum.

Gotta say my 182 Trophy is just as good if not better than my R27 was in the corners, bit more fun too.....but still loved my R27!!

had a little play with rich in his 182 and he was all over me.
his standard 182 is putting quite a bit more than most others though and its alot lighter than a 197.

If you ask that same question over on Cliosport.net the 197 will just get totally slated

you no it would lol,

they hate the 197 on that forum.

Yeah they truly do, you over there too? I'm on it alot just due to it is very helpful with very quick responses depending on how sensible your post is.

As for DayC: Love the Trophy, did price them up but wanted a newer car after selling my old Campus Sport. I drove a mates 182 and it was amazing fun, i just love the drive of the R27.

Yeah they truly do, you over there too? I'm on it alot just due to it is very helpful with very quick responses depending on how sensible your post is.

As for DayC: Love the Trophy, did price them up but wanted a newer car after selling my old Campus Sport. I drove a mates 182 and it was amazing fun, i just love the drive of the R27.

i signed up while this site was down tbh,

not been on there since i gave the heads up that the clio197.net was back up and running and they CLOSED the topic straight away. gggrrrrr

some characters on that site tho, lol

Strange, was viewing a post about wheels and replied here..

I dont find that they hate 197s at all!

I don't personally think they hate them, i just think they don't have much interest for them yet :worried: Sometimes when im posting etc i feel like the black sheep! lol

I have noticed alot of people like your motor over there Kevo! But who doesn't like yours!

Judging by what I saw of it yesterday at Trax, it certainly is coming along nicely

Oh there are plenty that dont like mine, they normaly make snide remarks etc behind my back but I always find out, just wish people had more balls to tell me to my face!