16" wheels fit!!!!!

I love fitting smaller wheels to reduce weight and improve gearing.

So when I got my 200 I looked into fitting 16s but here didn't seem to be any evidence of them fitting.

I had a wheel off at Dad's earlier and he had a set of 16" Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels. They weren't the right stud pattern but that didn't stop me offering it up!

It's tight but they bloody well fit!!
There's a few mm in a couple of places but it's not minute clearance!

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3232.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

I calculated the offset as et44 as I couldn't make out any of the stamps on the inside of the wheel.

So there you go for anyone wanting the ultimate lightweight setup and some lovely free gearing! 16s can fit! :smiley:

I should point out Pro Race wheels are about the best clearance of any wheel so I'm sure most 16s wouldn't fit.

Reactions: ///M and suj
Be curious to see what they look like with tyres on, if it's not lowered drastically can imagine it looks a bit silly...0

Matt, what width are the wheels, as you state the offset as ET44, but need width too.

I always wondered if 16s fitted, but then tyre sizes for 215/##/16 or a 225/##/16 will be limited :worried:

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Matt, what width are the wheels, as you state the offset as ET44, but need width too.

I always wondered if 16s fitted, but then tyre sizes for 215/##/16 or a 225/##/16 will be limited :worried:

Those are 7" wide so to me at least 225 is a bit wide for them. Better with some 8s.

Reactions: suj