06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

So I had a day if today and started about getting my wheels painted I was only going to be doing the inside of the fronts today as I had stuff to do.. safe to say the stuff didn't get done and I know I have taken a whole day just to do 2 wheels and my calipers but I had some issues with the caliper paint here is the almost finished product one caliper is drying so I can 're paint it again 014b6756df43afd070281994cb39d0b4.jpg75545e9bd12d1d7b16ab136ea798b3c1.jpgd254f412d09050e21f05d438cefdd7a7.jpga788dab51dd7fb13685089cb631b34b8.jpg54e2749755660410346d068df5d96c48.jpg

Sooooo much better in black IMO its unreal :smile:

Transforms the car and the way it looks / or is perceived to sit i think.

Some tyre-shine type product on the tyre sidewall would take it up another level too. Im sure you normally do and this was a quick snap - but it makes the wheel look smaller to me with the very clear tyre band around the outside.

Look forward to shots with one complete side done :smile:

Sooooo much better in black IMO its unreal :smile:

Transforms the car and the way it looks / or is perceived to sit i think.

Some tyre-shine type product on the tyre sidewall would take it up another level too. Im sure you normally do and this was a quick snap - but it makes the wheel look smaller to me with the very clear tyre band around the outside.

Look forward to shots with one complete side done :smile:
Thanks and yeah I love it I've just got to get my brembo stickers which are on the way I've never been a fan of tyre shine it pickes up all the crud and goes everywhere and when I go on track it's not that stickey lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks and yeah I love it I've just got to get my brembo stickers which are on the way I've never been a fan of tyre shine it pickes up all the crud and goes everywhere and when I go on track it's not that stickey lol

Stuff i use is completely non-sticky. Im sure many are. I did say "tyre shine type product".....and just meant the walls do look a little out of place and very non-black looking !

But yes....small details aside.......black is a huge improvement over silver on your car for sure........ :smile:

maybe the only one here but i do prefer the original colour mate..nevertheless,good job on spraying them yourself..
i have done it a few times and know what it takes to get it right :thumb:

maybe the only one here but i do prefer the original colour mate..nevertheless,good job on spraying them yourself..
i have done it a few times and know what it takes to get it right :thumb:
They where really bad before and the curbing was horrible I'm just happy they don't look as bad up close there not 100%

Hats off to you Carl. Home wheel refurb is quite the job to take on but bloody hell they look fantastic. Excellent decision mate.

Hats off to you Carl. Home wheel refurb is quite the job to take on but bloody hell they look fantastic. Excellent decision mate.
Thanks everyone for your kind words I've done home refurb on stuff before however usually I take them to my dad's old body shop for a finish and paint (and some guidance) but not this time they are not 100% and look fantastic untill you get close and see the marks in them. The paint is spot on with no runs or reaction but preparation is key. Sadly it's the guidance I needed.

Dare I show a picture close up??

There are much more however unless your on your hands and knees there ok af2c842cea38ae3fc54996d165e4a576.jpg

So slight change of plans i have got my Brembo stickers all ready to go and.... Ive got some new paint turning up which will look much better Sunday i will be finishing my wheels hopefully which then gives me a week when the paint turns up to get the calipers painted and the car cleaned and checked over.

Another busy day managed to get the rear wheels done and now it looks awesome also painted the bonnet and spoiler but not massively happy with them but it looks good 9df76bb91adc663a000fa3a6ec574abd.jpg

so tomorrow is going to be a good long day i have my paint for the brakes this has turned up today and i have just come of the phone with Nick at PMS as i was gutted to hear they will not be at FCS. and have ordered my wheel spacers and air con kit i have gone for the 21mm spacers as to my original plan he said he will get them sent out for tomorrow which means ill have the spacers on for fcs at least.

So another day off and another busy day fcs prep time but also managed to get some other bits too. I had a parcel from pms which I had to collect from work but.. i finished painting the calipers and put the stickers and I think it looks fantastic. 6fb682444d909cbe6b1dd8bd2ab85815.jpgc3d1494e2abd79b25ff2c33e1e3ead30.jpg