06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

proper preparation mate..like it...

better than when i put it in the first time i think regardless of what i have done so far i am going to put all of the new bolts in at least ill know where they should all go it might be a bit of work but will be better in the long run looks like i will be having another big day on Sunday

And so after all the ball ache and drilling and removing then putting bits back it it's all in and tight I haven't given much of a drive as its raining and because it was raining my seats are now wet not nice but it's in and driving that's the main thing and I looks awesome

IMAG2746.jpg IMAG2748.jpg IMAG2752.jpg

Reactions: suj
good progress Carl..looks like your clio is getting into a track shape..when is your next track day??

Good news on getting the cage in mate! Gives me faith that I can get mine in without too much drama hopefully.

Have you managed to take it for a decent spin? Interested to know your thoughts in terms of stiffening up the car and positive/negative effects you've seen.

Good news on getting the cage in mate! Gives me faith that I can get mine in without too much drama hopefully.

Have you managed to take it for a decent spin? Interested to know your thoughts in terms of stiffening up the car and positive/negative effects you've seen.
I think I love it all the work I have done on the car recently has been such an improvement and is just confidence inspiring and it's not much louder without the back in I also feel better about where the harnesses are now also..

IMAG2768.jpg IMAG2767.jpg IMAG2766.jpg IMAG2761.jpg

Feeling wise sadly I had a car full of eggs and a slow person in front so couldn't really push it but it loves cornering...hard I just can't wait to get it around Gerrard's in a few weeks at Mallory

Reactions: ///M and BenAG200
That's one enjoyable way of gaining back some of the weight savings you've made:smile:

Your car must be the fastest progressing on the entire site. It's just full-on improvements non-stop.

You are REALLY into it ! Good stuff :smile:

Yeah will be fun and sickly lol I never intended it to be as fast as it have been I have a list I wanted to do and bits just kept coming when I had some money and when I was doing other stuff so it's worked.. I looked at my project thread on cs.net and it was live for 4 years and It was never this fast moving..

And yeah I can't help it I love messing around I'm a mechanic by trade however have been a salesman for a few years now so any excuse and I'm getting stuck in .. now the problem with a fast moving project and a list is you run out of stuff to do I mean there is still lots to do..
Braided lines
Ultra racing lower brace
Cup splitter
Cup skirts
Air con delete kit
Rear bushes

Not a massive list but enough to keep my going and I think braided lines are definitely next on the list

Reactions: BenAG200
Not massive update but changed the old plugs today as I didn't know how old the old ones where..
IMAG2773.jpg

Yummy

I'm off one day next week so will be doing my full check over for my track day

i think i have a problem.... just bought some braided lines for the Clio from HEL soon to be fitted hopefully before Mallory.

i think i have a problem.... just bought some braided lines for the Clio from HEL soon to be fitted hopefully before Mallory.
Mind you it will take around 5-7 days to get the the shop i need then on to me id be looking just before the weekend which normally would be grate however it wont be enough time to get them on before i get to Mallory..

Cage envy :tearsofjoy:. I will be cageless for Mallory - will mount the harnesses to rear seatbelt mounts - less than ideal but there you go.
Looking good. I need to get a build thread going.

Reactions: Cliosport-carl