06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Cliosport-carl, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Doesn't sound weird at all mate! Quality little review there. Your renewed enthusiasm comes across really well. Glad it's all gone well and glad you're pleased!

2. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Looks phenomenal mate!

What are your thoughts on the Corbeau Clubsports? ...I assume that they're Clubsports?

I'm really tempted to get some instead of my Pole Position idea. They're like a quarter of the price!

3. Cliosport-carl

Cliosport-carl Winner - POTM May 2017 Gold Member

clio 197
    i used to have some Coabeau Forza seats and loved them they where just heavy and grey but had there day so got these they are XL so fit me fine and are light as and very well priced i think there £150 each or so with the runners and side mounts i have got sparco subframes which have to be drilled and have removed the runners i sit very low but its very nice.

yeah i will update after a little tweek and post a proper review with the company information and all that jaz

///M likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Thanks mate. I'd be after the standard sizing rather than the XLs.

I'm seriously considering them as an option. Leaves more money for other mods.

Cliosport-carl likes this.
  5. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197
    glad you are happy with your car..nothing better than having your car perform flawlessly..:thumb:

Cliosport-carl likes this.
  6. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Moderator

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Sounds like all the things i experienced after a remap; and your clearly extremely happy :smile:

Just another level of real-World driveability without the standard Renault fuelling 'quirks'.

ENJOY !!

Cliosport-carl and Pav like this.
  7. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    Another lovely spirited drive home and I love it it needs a clean but being at the Mrs house all week I've got no cleaning stuff so Sunday weather permitting it will get cleaned and a new set of b pillar wraps might even go a bit further lol

///M likes this.
  8. sevenfourate

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Alot of people remove the B-pillar decals altogether. You know its body-colour underneath ?

Going the long-way home is always a good sign. I did the same today too :smile:

9. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    Yeah I seen the body colour I just think its odd with the black trim across the bottom of the door I'll take it off to get it all polished and mopped then put it back on lol

///M likes this.
  10. sevenfourate

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    No worries. Just making sure you knew. You'd have found out when removing the old anyway.

And good luck with that BTW. Bit of a ball-ache. Hairdryer / heat-gun and an old credit card suggested.......

11. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Can I ask what b-pillar decals you're going for?

12. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    Yeah well see will finish off the new paint lovely

I've gone for the eBay ones £20 delivered and they are textured ones

Big Ben likes this.
  13. Wisenatcho

Wisenatcho Paid Member

How about spraying them high gloss black? :thumb:

14. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    i did think about that as i do have the plasti dip left from the bonnet but i have bought the stickers now so they will be going on soon enough

Wisenatcho likes this.
  15. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    drove the car back this morning and it just gets better and better only thing is i keep looking at how dirty the thing is i cannot wait to clean it on Sunday ill also get the old stickers off and have a few days with it..

///M likes this.
  16. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    Have been waiting on the brakes from ktec for a while now have just been updated and told they should be here by wed at the latest so am looking forward to next week now as this is when i will start sorting things out..

tombate911 likes this.
  17. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    today was time to give the car some loving in the shape of worm soapy water well kinda i started to clean the car and i dried the car then was going to get the polish out and got very distracted i have found my top plate bolts will fit the coilovers which is fantastic however did result in having to take the scuttle panel off.. ah well de wipers looks fantastic and started to get the stupid sticker off the door pillar.. and my latest edition which i do like..

nice and dirty..

IMG_8837.JPG
    IMG_8839.JPG
    IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

I must say HDR filter looks kinda fantastic however i used it to much sorry but yellow frogs!!

IMG_8848.JPG IMG_8850.JPG IMG_8851.JPG IMG_8853.JPG
    IMG_8876.JPG

and one last one without any filters of effects from photoshop..

IMG_8880.JPG

sevenfourate likes this.
  18. sevenfourate

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    I love yellow fogs :smile:

Did you paint them with the special stuff or use the tint film ?

19. Cliosport-carl

clio 197
    I used some film buddy its not the best and when I need to get the bumper off I'll do them again but it will do for now..

20. sevenfourate

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Doing with film again ?

The "paint" i used on the fogs of my Renault 19 was awful. Hardly stuck to the lense at all. Even after multiple coats - it scratched off very easily indeed.