06 Albi Blue 197

It is a bit crap and not an easy repair. My spare mani now has some new flexi's on it, hopefully that should solve it.

Dropped the car off this evening, should be started on tomorrow.

More expense; the car is currently in the workshop having the ARB swapped back, manifold swapped, gearbox swapped, new clutch and slave. As if that didn't represent enough expense the old lambda has lost its thread coming out of the manifold so I now need a new lambda. To compound the situation it is one of two part numbers, local (very helpful) Renault dealer can't identify which one we need so we are going to try the one that is available soonest and if that doesn't work will need to order the other which may now be available until Thursday.

More expense; the car is currently in the workshop having the ARB swapped back, manifold swapped, gearbox swapped, new clutch and slave. As if that didn't represent enough expense the old lambda has lost its thread coming out of the manifold so I now need a new lambda. To compound the situation it is one of two part numbers, local (very helpful) Renault dealer can't identify which one we need so we are going to try the one that is available soonest and if that doesn't work will need to order the other which may now be available until Thursday.

was there no part number on the sensor?

Hopefully you'll just get lucky and get the right one through dude. I know what its like waiting on parts your just not sure will fit! Hope it's sorted soon!

Cheers, fortunately it was the right one so hopefully the manifold is back on the car and I might be able to get it back tomorrow!

Just spoke to one of the mechanics, flywheel looked in good shape, clutch was worn but not to excess, slave was fubar'd. Will try and get some pics of the old slave and clutch when I collect later.

Got the car back, drives really nicely, no nasty noises, TL4024 gearbox is noticeably better on the motorway though it does feel a touch sluggish accelerating from 40 up a slight incline, in 6th. Now pulling below 3,500 rpm at 70mph, which is nice.

Also did the roundabout test now I have the standard ARB back on, despite being a bit greasy the front end bit more and the back end was easier to bring into play.

I have some pics of the old clutch, etc. will post them in a bit.

Original manifold
2011-10-05002.jpg

Repaired flange
2011-10-05003.jpg

2011-10-05004.jpg

Broken flexi
2011-10-05005.jpg

Repaired manifold
2011-09-27005.jpg

Original clutch
2011-10-05009.jpg

2011-10-05010.jpg

New Clutch
2011-09-27002.jpg

2011-09-27003.jpg

Original slave cylinder
2011-10-05011.jpg

New slave cylinder
2011-09-27001.jpg

Going back to September this was the hub carrier that we replaced
2011-09-06001.jpg

This was the X85 Cup ARB that we have now replaced
2011-09-06006.jpg

It was about £95 and was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made, now returned to standard thankfully. Just could not get the power down, under-steered like you wouldn't believe. Would be ok with a much stiffer rear, but with just a cup chassis it was not a good move. I never drove it in the wet with the X85 ARB but suspect it would have been much less user friendly than usual.

The main decision was made at Cadwell where I just could not get the power down like I had previously out of two of the tighter corners. I think even on one big sweeper I was drifting when I had previously felt planted.