£200 Klarius Exhuast system anybody

Hi a work for Klarius, and wanted to guage interest in an exhaust system costing £200 or £300 either with de cat or with 100 cell race cat. for 197 and 200's

we already do systems for M3 E36 evo a few other BMW's and the mazda 5 uk race series.

it wont look as pritty as an akrapovic but it will get just as much power from it and after all it goes under the car...

Martin

The price at the min is just an estimate; we can look at full and just a back system too.
Will be either aluminised tube or 409 stainless depends on what people are more interested in.

And 200 tips will be stock off the car mike mil or k tec and 197, what do people want?

M :smile:

Potentially if:

1. It's not too loud, particularly at motorway speeds.
2. Doesn't require cutting of the original exhaust to replace.
3. Actually is priced between £200-£300.
4. And of course, that it sounds good - not too 'tinny'

The above is what I'd look for in an after market exhaust. The main criteria being no. 1.

Any links to videos/pictures of your current exhausts?

Tim

2. Doesn't require cutting of the original exhaust to replace.

You have to cut the original exhaust to get it off. The only other way is to drop the whole rear axle/beam assembly out out the car as the exhaust is routed above it !

Sounds good to me, would like to see a before and after of a system on a rolling road aswell..
Also I assume there will be a nice long warrenty on these systems?

Right guys as a general there seem to be a lot of interest provided we do this right.

To take to my boss and get the ok.

1. Not to loud for motorway, dull down at 3.5 to 4k rpm…
2. deffo getting price right. (easy Akrapovic take the piss!!!)
3. 200 and 197 systems a must
4. Nice sound, no raspy farting tinny ****!!!
5. full de cat and back box only
6. Get power figs for you to see. (Excuse for me to take a trip to k tec for a re-map too… :smile:)

Only down side is that it would not be a official Klarius product yet, more a lil side project like the race stuff we do. So unless faulty I don’t know what we can do about warranty without speaking about this properly with the boss.

Also tim I will see if I can get a vid of the bosses M3 for you to hear. 

I think the good thing about the akrapovic is it's no louder than the standard exhaust at low throttle but open the throttle and it makes a great noise.

Can I ask how you expect to get the same power as akrapovic but milltek etc. can't seem to do this? Just ask as i've never heard of your company before

as long as it performs well and sounds well then i'm game!

I quite like the blueflame deep burble more than the akrapovic system

yeah would be good to pass the MOT lol i think a cat-back with a de-cat option is probley the best bet, unless they can make a sports cat 100/200 cell for next to nothing?

i'll take all this to the boss 2moz then, look at the different iterations of the 200 and 197. see what he thinks.
and as for sound, defferent ppl all have different opinions as to what they want just keep posting what you want ppl more interst more likey to happen :smile: